my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out






This first Fun Monday of 2008 is hosted by the hostess with the mostest....Lisa @ Lisa's Chaos!! And for our assignment if we choose to accept, is to share with everyone photos of our pets. Over the years we've had lots of dogs and cats. My first pet of my own, my dad gave me a purebred red persian I named "George". I had one horse when I was very young, a sorrel named Lucky. I'd much prefer cats at my age. In the past when our kids were young, we had dogs since our daughter and dear hubby liked dogs more, while I and my son would much rather have cats. Some of the dogs we've had over the years were a dachshund named "Hootz", a Doberman Pinscher named "Paladin" [not named for Dungeons and Dragons but for the powerful officials of medieval times. His AKC registered name was Sir Paladin of the Overland Heights-he was a happy camper as he was out for stud a lot. LOL], a beautiful blue-eyed Siberian Husky named Kemosabe. Along with a Himalayan cat named Tempir [he was grumpy as all get out] and one that graced our lives and family for nearly 25 years, a Siamese, named Felina. After Felina died of old age, and heart failure, I vowed to never get another pet!!! Her death I still feel the loss and still to this day miss her very much. But, time heals as they say, and we now have company with our two furbabies.....


This is our kitty kat...Tahoe 'Ho' for short. She was adopted at Pet Smart in Tucson, Arizona. At the time she was 4 years old. And, she moved here to Texas with us. She actually enjoyed the trip down here. In fact, when we stopped for a night's rest in a motel, she literally took it all in stride!
She's a MLH black tabby.
She really has never 'answered' to her given name, but she'll come running to you if you call her "Pretty Kitty".


This is Winston [with a frontal view, he looks like Sir Winston Churchill...well, it reminds us of the guy anyway] So, his papers that we got from the Humane Society here in Corpus when we adopted him, his name was "Sterling" ---they even used him on a television commercial for adopting older cats and dogs since he was 5 years old at the time we adopted him, but still very much a kitten. But, neither of us really liked Sterling so when we got him home, we dubbed him Winston. Winnie for short.
He's a purebred white Persian.
Winnie is very, VERY loveable. When he purrs the rooms fills with the sound of a Mack Truck!

Next week: Ann is hosting!

<><><>

<><><>

Well, the last couple of weeks, it was Wintertime with high temperatures in the 50° [10° Celsius] range. Now, it's back to Springtime!!! The high temps are back to the normal 70°-80°[21° to 28° Celsius]!! Beachcombing over the weekend, I found nothing of interest for me to pick up and bring home [shells]. But we enjoyed the early morning, quiet walk along the north beach's pathway. Most times, it's a crowded area. This is part of the 'tourist' section of town...motels, restaurants [where you can get some very good fresh gulf shrimp served!], museums, public beach, and gift shops. The north shore beach is where the USS Lexington is permanently docked. We ended up just spending some time doing nothing much afterward. And, after our walk, we ended up in the 'rip off' joints! You know, the tourist traps...the souvenir shops?


Dear hubby spotted hanging from the ceiling in one shop, a windchime; the same kind that I had ogled at the plant nursery last month while we were there buying the poinsettias for the holiday season. When we looked at them at the nursery, they [to us anyway] were too costly for what they were --$30.00!!! And when he saw the price they were asking for them here, he grabbed it. They were $14.00. Still costly, but------ Same stuff, different store. Guess these shop owners aren't the big rip off artists we thought they were....it's the plant nurseries that's ripping us off more!!! LOL The chime is topped with a 'bird'. When the wind hits it, the head [the yellow and orange beak to the right of the photo] of the bird 'bobbles'. Ya, this one is indoors. I have several that are outside along the patio and in bushes, but this one is one of the fragile ones, so he's hanging by the A C vent along with my glass chimes. ['He' is bamboo, reed, coconut shells and wood]

43 comments :

  1. I love the names you choose for your pets. And your two current furrbabies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitties are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lovely award for you on my blog for you to pick up!Love and Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a name for these cats:
    Salt 'n Pepper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cats are beautiful...or should I say handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt the same way about not getting another pet after we had to have our loving dog and love her/hate her cat.They were both old and both sick.


    But, we have cats again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your kitty kitties! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i totally see the resemblance between winnie and mr. churchill!

    thanks for sharing your kitties with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree Winston really looks like Churchill, only the cigar is missing, lol ! My first cat was 20 years old when she died and it was really awful. She had shared all important steps in my life from boyfriends to marriage, birth and motherhood. I could never forget her ! A dog we had too but when you want to travel it's too difficult, so we limited ourselves to cats. I like this Fun Monday ! So many interesting and cute stories !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Anni,
    Awwww, your cat's are just adorable. I agree, Winston does look like Winston Churchill. "THANK YOU" for sharing your pets with us. I Love the Bird Windchime. Is it made from Brass? It looks like it is. If so, you got a bargain on it then, I think. But what do I know. LOL. My Sister had an Alaskan Malamute one time. He was the best dog anyone could have. His name was Butkus. He was a good watchdog as well. He never bit anyone, but if a stranger came up, they would know. Someone ended up poisoning him. It broke all our hearts that someone would do something so mean. You call 50 degrees Winter? ROFLMBO. That is Spring like weather for us. It's done got Summertime here. LOL. It got up to 70 degrees yesterday. We may be paying for it tonight and in the morning tho. When you have time, stop by. I have something for you on my today's post. I bet it was romantic walking on the beach with your hubby. I would so love to do that with my hubby. Maybe one of these days we can. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a flair for naming pets Anni, with a cigar Winnie would BE Winston Churchill.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice photos! I'm joining Fun Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty kitty...that is funny...and gorgeous cats...i do so luv cats
    kerith
    http://kerithskontest.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, what cute little fur babies! I too had a Siamese cat. He lived to be 21 years old. I miss him still to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the names, they're great!
    Isn't it funny how certain pets stay with us forever?


    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I ever get another cat I'd like a Russian, or a Siamese...but unless I could find one at a shelter I won't get one. Winston suits him!! Handsome cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such cuddly widdle kitties! I miss having cats, but my husband is allergic to them, so I guess if I had to choose.... OK, yeah, I'd still choose him. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm just now getting back to my blog reading schedule... I'll be back more often in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE Winston!! ho is cute to but that Winston had me at his green thoughtful eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Winnie is just gorgeous! He looks like a purr machine!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pets are so much fun to have! We don't have any because of our travel plans, but it sure would be fun.

    Love the look alike Winston! *lol*

    Beaches.... ahhhh.... I can only dream about that. It's raining over here though, the snowing stopped. But we still have winter time for a long time and risk for more snow periods to come.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful kitties. Whenever we go to Petsmart the girls go see the kitties and want to adopt another one. They talk about what theirs will look like when they have there own place and what it will be called.

    Wow, we think it is a heatwave here now with temperatures hovering around 0˚C. That is a cute chime. My friend who I used to roommate with, about a 100 years ago, had a gull, that hung from the ceiling. It didn't have chimes, but we would go by and push up on the body and the wings and head would go up and down and we would say "Caw, caawww".

    ReplyDelete
  22. Almost 25 years for a cat is a long time, I can see how much you would miss them. Wonderful cats, I do love cats too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very beautiful cats.

    I especially like Winston. He looks almost exactly like my white persian, Captiva, who I miss dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  24. For some odd reason, my Bloglines is not picking up your feed...it hasn't been telling me when you have a new post up! Grrrr! lol I just knew you couldn't go a few days without posting! hehe Oh, I so love your two kitties, they're gorgeous and yup, I can certainly see the resemblance between Winston and Churchill! hehe

    The weather sure has been strange everywhere...we are way above normal temps for this time of year at the moment and they're even forecasting a thunderstorm tonight. We don't get thunderstorms in January, it's unheard of! To think that a few days ago we were having frigid temps and now this!! Even the snow is melting. Sheesh!

    Love your new windchimes...I always prefer the ones made with bamboo and shells, the sound they make is so lovely.

    Take care dear friend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ho and Winston are precious! There's just something about the look in a cat's eyes that have me intrigued. Maybe it's how intrigued they seem with us LOL

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cats are beautiful. They're like polar opposites on the color scale!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Anni, your blog is looking so different, and I love the quill writing your name. I'm really still at a very basic skill level blogwise. I think both your cats are beautiful and aptly named. I couldn't help thinking that whoever named Winston, must have seen the resemblance you saw without quite being able to put a finger on it, since they called him Sterling.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was over at Karen's Korner and thought I'd stop over here. There are a lot of Fun Monday bloggers. :)

    Love your quote by E.E. Cummings. I just saw that on another blog. LOL.

    Lovely cats. They're purrfect friends. :)

    Sounds like a good deal you got with the windchime. I've seen price differences in the same product, but not that much of a difference.

    BTW, I love your signature wit the quill. Nice touch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful kitties, if I was a cat gal only.

    Okay, I am begging my pals for a bit of help today and this week. I entered a poetry contest, part of my writing goal, and am asking you pop here: http://wannabeawritersomeday.blogspot.com/2008/01/i-am-entering-poetry-contest-yikes-and.html and if you like what you read, think about following the link at the end of the post and voting for me.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Your pal, Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Anni,

    I love the pictures of your cats. They are beautiful.

    I made honorable mention of you on my blog today. I hope you will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your new little babies are precious. I've found names ending in "eee" are usually answered no matter what the name actually is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that your cat is Winston! Great pet name, Anni. And, I know the feeling of swearing them off and then ending up with more.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi there. The last time I was here, things were a little different - at first I thought you were hijacked, then I noticed the header had a little more spark. Good job.
    I have tried for the longest to teach my cats to come when I whistled - for the dogs. The best I can do is shake the cat food bag - no matter how far away, and then... they come running... with the dogs. Stop by sometime. NLM

    ReplyDelete
  34. You sure had a lot of pets over the years. I have had lots too. Love your two adorable cats!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Winston is a perfect name for that kitty, LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love both of your kitties!! I miss my cats....One I lost in my divorce, and the other I had to give up when I discovered I had asthma. I can breathe better, but I still miss those cats! Love their names too!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Pretty cats, and nice kitty stories!

    I posted our pets too - come see!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely blog. I've enjoyed visiting. Your Persian Winston reminded me of anothe Persian named Winston from over at Cute Overload. His owner sends in occassional videos of this always hungry kitty! LOL
    God bless.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  39. Winsten really fits that cat--glad you changed the name! ;-)--I love wind chimes too--I have a nice sounding one in my carport and that with my fountain combine for nice soothing sounds each day!

    ReplyDelete
  40. HA, i especially love "Winston Churchill"--the profile is spot on. This is my first visit at your blog--I'll be back. Oh yeah, I love the blog header--lots of attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow. Winston had amazing eyes.


    The new Fun Monday topic is now available. :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your kitties look ripe for cuddling - I love the "HO" name! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

.