my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





Join Here

    January 1st: - Resolve or Resolution


"I Y'am what I y'am!!"
© 2007
~Hootin' Anni


I make no resolutions for sanity's sake.
The task of keepin' 'em, will-pow'r it'd take...
Resolve to lose weight would be excellent, but-
This here idea of dieting is not pro, but con!
Y'see? I never turn away from a delectable....
fresh from the ovens, 'n' hot-baked * Cinnabon!



Changing my habits is strictly quite nil,
Hey, I'm only human; always, forever, 'n' still!!
To keep my house clean it's really a chore -
Besides all work 'n' no play?...It's just a big bore!!

To stop shopping for shoes, good books 'n' the like?
That tells me I'm lookin' to change my set ways...
I don't rightly cotton to that, in all my born days.
Why, that's like tellin' a Harley lover to stop ridin' his bike!!


So, y'all go ahead, and make your resolutions!
I'll be right behind you with your life-change solutions...
I'll even toss in a few "more power to ya's!"---
and jolly up a couple of "amens", and perhaps "hallelujah's"!!

For me? Nope! Not ever...no resolutin'!!
You're stuck me --just as I y'am---
your ever-lovin' sweet, innocent, Hootin'!!!

:::*snort*:::


- - -

Movie quote:

Upon finding the "Charlotte" the hoarded wealth seekers are deciphering the next riddle to the "National Treasure"------

    "....Timothy Matlack was the official scribe
    of the Continental Congress.

    Calligrapher, not writer. And to make sure
    he could not offend the map-

    it was put on the back of a resolution
    that he transcribed,

    a resolution that 55 men signed.

    The Declaration of Independence."


<><><>



For Ten on Tuesday we're supposed to list ten of our own Predictions for 2008...

I'm going out on a limb here, 'cause these are all speculation on my part. But, I guess predictions are based on speculation. Maybe, maybe not. :::shrug:::

1] I predict that the housing market will settle some, but foreclosures will still be on the increase and investors will hit the real estate market again, heavily.

2] I predict that space exploration will hit new 'heights'.

3] I predict [as Nostradamus has] the outbreak of a World War.
[I hope we're both incorrect]

4] I predict a political assassination.

5] I predict 3 catastrophic storms [maybe included in this '3' a devastating earthquake] to hit the United States.

6] I predict someone in our family will get a large sum of money.
[and I'm sure it won't be me!]

7] I predict a new love interest for one of my adult children.

8] I predict a scientific discovery of an unknown species, phenomenon, medical breakthrough. [perhaps all three]

9] I predict a new breed of automobile coming off the assembly lines.

10] I predict some ballot fixing!!



10 comments :

  1. I've been on a 2 week blogging break and am now playing catch up. I so agree with you on setting resolutions. Any ways...at my age I don't want to change.

    You have another fabulous blog design!!! I wish I had an ounce of your talent.

    I also want to thank you for the award you gave out in mid-December. Like I said earlier, I'm just now catching up.

    Have a Happy and Safe New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't make resolutions any more either, Anni, since I usually end up breaking them.

    Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening Anni,
    Boy howdy, you sure do post early for the next day. LOL. I used to make resolutions, but don't anymore since I wouldn't keep them. Oh, I need to do this and do that, but hey, if it happens, them more power to me. And if it don't, then I ain't gonna cry over spilt milk. LOL. I just take one day at a time and do the best I can do on that day. Oh wow, Mrs. Prediction Center here huh? LOL. Girlfriend, you gots me runnin' skeered here now talkin' bout them thar Earthquakes. I live on the New Madrid Fault Line. Uh huh, sure do. And let me tell ya, they have been having some small Earthquakes up and around us in the last few weeks. I know it's gonna up wide and swallow us whole one of these days. I won't be able to run from it either like I do when there is a Tornado. I'ma gonna have to come and move in wif you I guess. ROFLMBO. I don't want to comment on some of those there Predictions cause I ain't wantin' to stir up any trouble. I'll just keep it to myself. LOL. "THANKS" for sharing Anni's Prediction's with us. I so enjoyed it. "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to you and yours and may 2008 be a great and wonderful year for you both. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.
    P.S. Yall bess stay up till midnight and ring in the New Year together. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your predictions...can we choose who gets assasinated?? I made those cinnamon rolls for Christmas breakfast...yummy!!
    Thanks for the joke in my comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that frost poem too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know that you could look into the future!! Man when I said you were smart I did not know that you could read ahead..SMILE!!
    I never make any resolutions. To me it is like going on a diet and telling everyone..that NEVER works!! Besides a diet is silly!!
    Hope you have a wonderful 2008..

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never made resolutions in my whole life ! For what ?? I am forgetting them anyway, lol ! I live from day to day.

    I put today on my blog a video it is hilarious, I found it this morning. But please don't be offended !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if there will be a connection between my prediction about the White House and your prediction about a political assassination...

    Just in this week we had the assassination of Bhutta in Pakistan which made me think, "there goes any hope for THAT country." and this morning I awoke to read a headline about a lawmaker in Sri Lanka who was killed, and my brother-in-law's on-again-off-again girlfriend is the daughter of the leader of the Tamil Tigers resistence in that country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're predictions are very interesting. happy new year. Danny says hi to bud too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made some resolutions that I really hope I can keep. I've been putting them in effect for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete

.