my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





Join Here






HEADS
- Any word that starts with the letter C

Okie dokie. But just a few:






CANDY CANE


COFFEE CUP


CAROUSEL CLIPART


COPY of CHRISTMAS CAROL COVER


CONIFER CONE



CAT'S CLAW CREEPER


- - -

A husband and wife were resting on a beach when they noticed a girl with a travel bag. She would approach people with boom boxes and other electronic devices and speak to them. Occasionally she would hand them something and walk off.

"She's probably selling drugs," said the woman.

The man decided to see for himself. The wife watched as her husband walked across the beach to the girl with the travel bag. They spoke briefly, and then her husband returned.

"Is she selling drugs?", asked the Wife anxiously.

"No, she's not," replied her Husband. "She's selling batteries."

"You don't mean...?"

"Yep," finished her husband. "She sells c-cells by the sea shore!"

_ _ _

Oh ya, and I can't forget to include "Corpus Christi" !


<><><>


~10 on Tuesday

This week, ten movies that were a disappointment.

Oh this is easy for me this week! I am a movie buff. And, there have been many, MANY movies that were disappointing.

1] Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom [the first one, Lost Ark, and the last one, Last Crusade were great. And there's a new one coming out this year..."The Crystal Skull"---I hope it's as good as the two I really liked.]

2] Mr. Brooks Everyone we know ranted on and on how good this was. But I found it nixed in my opinion...a total 'thumbs down'. When the script is filled with the "F" word...I soon hafta leave. No good. It spoils it for me. And besides, it was VERY predictable, I understand, 'cause while I was in the bedroom reading, hubby watched it all and told me just how I thought it would end.

3] Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer OMG! Could there BE anything worse for a movie? I consider it a great waste of celluloid!

4] Shrek the 3rd A total disappointment from the first line/scene! With a capital "D". And, I really don't know why...I was just expecting too much, I think.

5] Blair Witch Project Dumb, dumber, and dumbest!!! What a hoax.

6] ALL THE Lord of the Rings movies. Boring. A big disappointment for me; except for the naps I took during the long drug out flicks.

7] Ratatouille It just wasn't funny enough. I was so hoping for more humor.

8] Home Prairie Companion I shoulda known better than to pay 'big bucks' to see this in the theater! But, all the rave reviews made me go. And yep, you guessed it. Big Mistake!

9] CRASH -- Again, critic told us "It's the best movie ever". I found it highly racial, prejudiced, and sexist! A huge disappointment, and quite political!!!

10] Planet of the Apes -the remake Again, the foul language!!! A big turn-off for me.

And P.S. To add who is/was the most disappointing actor/actress in my opinion:
Male: John Wayne
Female: Debatable: Diane Keaton [not sure]

19 comments :

  1. I haven't seen Sweeney Todd yet, but I so want to go. Anything Johnny Depp is great! I actually liked Mr. Brooks, because it was nice to see Kevin Costner as the bad guy and I knew it was supposed to be a series so I knew he wouldn't die in the end. Hated Demi Moore in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy HorT Tuesday, Anni!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Anni,
    I like your Head's words that start with a "C". Gotta have my coffee each morning. Love the joke about the beach. Just too cute. I haven't been to see a movie in a long time. I do hate to go and see a movie or even watch a show on t.v. that has the "F" word in it. That's a very big turn off for me as well. I do think our girls went to see Shrek the 3rd. My Sister took them to see it and then she also bought them the DVD of it as well. I haven't watched it yet, but they seem to like it. I think she took them to see Ratatouille as well. I guess they liked it also. I can't remember what they said about it. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog, I love yours. I am going to add you to my blogroll, hope you do not mind dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Diane Keaton!

    Have a great tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni,

    Loved all your heads and tail words that started with C. The Cat's Claw is a pretty color. I don't know much about it.

    The boys liked Silver Surfer and Ratatouille. Of course they are kids. I'm not much of a TV watcher and we rarely go to the movies unless it's for one of the boys birthdays. I like a good movie, but like you, can't stand all of the foul language, so just shut the TV off.

    Referring to the comment you left on my Newport post, I'm not much of a bridge person either. The only huge bridge we crossed in the daylight was the Ambassador Bridge into the US. We crossed back late, so didn't have to watch the Niagara River from the bridge. We drove straight across. There were a few overpasses around DC that made me a bit nervous. So much traffic and you're high off the ground. LOL I like my feet and wheels on solid ground. ;-)

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got me again with your joke! :)

    My brother lives in Corpus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the good laugh, Anni! I love the joke. May I have a cup of coffee, please?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Believe it or not but I haven't seen any of these movies, lol ! I don't even remember when I have been in a cinema the last time. Usually I watch them on TV, and Lord of the Rings the Planet of the Apes and Shrek I don't like they are too unreal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe - C cells ;-)

    Happy HoT!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Tuesday, my friend. I always love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CAROUSEL CLIPART

    wow its been quite some time since I saw one

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I forgot Curt Schilling...oops! LOL! I guess I should have put Colorado too since I live there. Now today all I can think of is C for coughing...my poor children keep doing so.

    You have a great list there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehehe...she sells C cells...good one. I didn't like Lord of the Rings either, but especially not the second and third ones. Too much fighting...and I got lost. I liked Ratatouille though : ).

    www.mamapj.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a GREAT HoT list! LOL! That joke was just too much! :) I'm gonna use it on my husband when he gets home tonight! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That C shell joke is great!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Annie Hehehe to the C shell joke.
    The first three movies did nothing for me . I also cant stand the foul language.Watched Ratatoulle with the Grandies and had a laugh with them was a little dissapointed with Shrek3 the 1st was the best cant comment on the rest. I love a movie with a good story,,Ie: Shawshank redemption. Green mile. these 2 come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Heads or Tails - 'she sells c-cells' - LOL. I can always rely on you to make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. a good post for the meme. I liked the joke too lol.

    ReplyDelete

.