“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






~Wordless Wednesday




<><><>


Gotta tellya my little story from yesterday. I received an email telling me that my gift had been shipped!! I can't wait for its arrival. So much fun. It's like being a little kid again with so much anticipation.

"Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Open, open, open."




The last couple of years a few online friends, having been together for many years with other groups and such; some I've had the privilege of meeting in person, decided to draw names for a Secret Santa exchange of gifts. We get one name and we buy and ship the gift, playing Santa to them. I mailed my gift too. :o) Hope she likes what I got her.

Hubby drew names for us...and tho I can't tell you whose name I got just yet, it's to remain secret until after everyone gets their gifts in the mail. I secretly hope that everyone is happy with the name drawn for them. Dear man likes doing this each year. I think he thinks he's Santa.


<><><>


And all of the midwest here in America that is blasted with the arctic cold front and ice storms, may you keep warm. I'm thinking of you all --those who are without heat to keep warm. It's ironic when I sit here with a HOT house and turning on the air conditioner. It was 84 degrees F here yesterday. I want to ask for a cold front to move in here too, but I am going to be specific so we're not under storm warnings....I would like to have the high temps drop by twenty degrees. After all, it IS December!! It's been too hot here. But anyway, my point is...y'all in the midwest and mountains states [My sister called me and told me that it's snowing where she's at in Colorado. And heavily. I guess that is expected since she lives near the San Juan Mountain Range]....stay warm and safe. You're in my thoughts.


<><><>

I just read on the Wordless Wednesday that there is a DAILY wordless now!! Way cool.


<><><>


I am almost finished with my crocheted Santa. I've got it pinned and it's ready to starch. Of course I'll have to undo the pinning and soak it in the glue starch and re-set it. This is just to show my progress. The last time I showed the 'unfinished' photo, Willowtree said "It looks like a cock sock." LOL, of course once he mentioned it...it did! And I loved his candor and honesty...'cause not only did it look like a cock sock, he made me laugh out loud!!! [if you don't get the gist of his comment, click on the "unfinished photo" link I provided] Now what do you think Willowtree?





39 comments :

  1. * * This is a photo of Aspen, Colorado around Midnight, in the winter. Photo can be enlarged

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni, if you look at my WW post it bears a resemblance to your wonderful photo...check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ski resorts at night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind having some of your weather. It could be 85 year round and that would suit me just fine. Have a great WW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of Aspen is really cool Hootin anni.
    I'm posting my little tour of Ste Michelle winery with the photo I took with you in mind tomorrow! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful picture. And I know what you mean about getting presents in the mail. I get excited too. :-)

    My Wordless Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going to a ski resort would be fun.

    And I like the idea of Secret Santa. Can I join next year? I'm from Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great WW and I love you're Christmas theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni, is that you in the A-Team picture?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo, Anni. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gift exchange..that sounds like fun...everyone loves to get a surprise! I'm glad you're enjoying the warm weather..it's mighty cold here in Canada...but great for sledding with the grandkids. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You lucky girl sitting in the heat ! I think I will fly over and warm up in your house ! I saw the snow storms on TV it is really sad for these poor people. We "only" have rain and it's grey and dark.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Early Morning Anni,
    The picture of Aspen at Midnight is just breathtaking. It is so beautiful. I have never been to a ski resort. I can't ski anyway. LOL. I love looking at places that are all lit up with lights. I'm sure you will love what your Secret Santa has for you and I'm sure whoever recieves your gift will love it as well. I could probably guess what it might be, but I won't spoil anything for you. LOL. We finally got out of the 40's here today. At one time the temperature got up to 73 degrees this afternoon. It is raining outside right now. They are talking about us might, and might being a big word, have some snow on Saturday. I'll believe it when I see it. I am up late because I am having trouble sleeping. Usually after hubby has been home for a while at nights and when he has to leave out over the road, I have this problem. Well, take care my friend and have a great Wednesday. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful WW!!!! I will be in a similar place but in the French Alps in 10 days :)

    Secret Santa among secret faces!! it's a way of saying you probably don't know each other personally, what fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful photograph.

    Happy WW

    Mine is up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a great night photo!

    Love the Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pic - very tranquil and atmospheric. Happy WW!

    My WW pics can be seen at Siani's Pot-Pourri.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been to Aspen one time and would love to visit there again. It is really a neat place.

    Love the photo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE the night pic of a mountain town. It looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We're having wintery weather here in Oklahoma. That is a beautiful WW picture of Aspen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is one beautiful picture! We still have power! I am so glad.... and the Chiefs are out of the play off picture for this year.... Hugs, Grams

    ReplyDelete
  22. Secret Santa is so fun, I did that with an online group last year, but we never got it together this year. Oh well, I am almost as excited as you are to see what you get.

    Santa is looking nice, I have never crocheted with the finer thread that I am guessing the base of the robe is done in. Beautiful work. I make a fine scarf.

    As for the book graphic..thank you, take your time and if I come across any graphics I will let you know. I agree the holidays are far too busy for you to worry about such things....and I am a patient person.

    Blessings sweet Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great picture! And I LOve the quote in your comments form. Thank you for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anni!
    This is ellen b over at the Happy Wonderer. I've had some technical difficulties this morning and won't be posting my tour of Ste Michelle winery till Saturday. I'll be sure to remind you about the post. With all this build-up it's sure to be very anti-climactic (sp?). See ya...

    ReplyDelete
  25. that is one gorgeous place!.. love the quote too..;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is a beautiful photo. I do hope it cools down for you. Santa is looking awesome, I can't wait to see the finished picture.

    Happy WW

    http://vixensden.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, your WW is really awesome today. I can see Santa's sleigh going right through.

    As far as your Santa, Allene's makes a fabric Stiffener that is very easy to use. Seems appropriate for a C*ck sock too..lol.

    Have a good Wednesday..:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my! That picture of Aspen is awesome!


    And I just LOVE that crocheted Santa- me being the Santa lady I am!! :) I'd love to have one like that! Do you make them to sell? I AM SERIOUS! I would buy one, if so!
    Anything done in that fine crochet thread is always soooo pretty! I love finding old scarves, etc. in antique shops or yard sales...


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  29. I originally couldn't tell what it was then I realized it was a ski resort. Great picture! :) Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ah, now I get it, it's a transvestite Santa. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  31. * *Willowtree: You and P J really make me laugh again.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Enjoyed seeing all the beautiful decorations as well as fun posts in your blog! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the first photo...Mine is up at 4 Seasons Of My LifeM. Hope you can visit me too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. That's a beautiful photo! Happy WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. It's 75 degrees here and my air conditioning is getting a work out too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I wonder why on earth Willowtree thought that? There's NO WAY it would fit him - it would fall right off.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for visiting...ME a CENTERFOLD!! ha!! ha!! ha!! That is just hilarious!! just losing weight and trying to get this body into "some sort of different shape"!! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anni,

    Don't know how I missed this post, but things have been hectic here, as you know.

    Love your Santa and hope you will post a photo when he is starched.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

.