my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




I realize I haven't done my Sunday Snippets for a long time. I always want to find something that would make me smile and share in the laughter. I find that the news and newspaper is always so disheartening that I search for something to put up on my Sunday blog. Something cute, funny, or just heart warming. Well, I wanted to share some laughter today. Here is my Sunday Snippet....


"May I offer you a suggestion?"

(PRUNES)

"No dumping next 10 miles"
[click to enlarge]


~Christmas Shopping

Granted I don't buy for too many, so except for two gift cards for two that are difficult to find something, I'm done. Now, it's the wrapping that is to be completed. I'll get to that in a day or two.

This year, I'm not even putting the gifts I bought for hubby out under the tree until he goes to sleep on Christmas eve. Why, you wonder? Well, it's because the way I'm going to have to wrap them, he'll know what I got for him if I put them out under the tree already. So Christmas Eve it is.

Just hope I CAN be patient.

The two of us went shopping yesterday morning. I vowed I'd not be out and about after 1 PM on the weekends. There's just too many maniacs here [LOL], and I don't like the traffic jams. Ya, I know....bah humbug huh? Seems in Texas everyone on the road is the ONLY one on the road. There is hardly a courteous driver in the cities. I find it best to be home after they all get out to do their own shopping.

Anyway, for decades, and I DO mean decades; I've been wanting a Dickens' "The Christmas Carol" book. I've looked and looked for a special kind....one with the 'old style' illustrations. I went into the Children's section of all places, at Barnes & Noble, and found a fabulous edition....all old-world style ...

It's one of my favorite holiday stories [that, and Night Before Christmas] ---so, I bought me my own gift. LOL I'm gonna love going through it tonight.

<><><>

I have also been looking for a couple of Christmas Cactus plants. My mother had a huge plant that she had over the years...and, it bloomed each and every season. Around here, at the Wal Marts all I can find are the 'hot pink' blooming. My mom's was red. A deep rich red. Well, dear hubby suggested that I stop by the plant nurseries to see what they had in stock. Yes!! I found one. It's small, but if I don't smother it or drown it with too much water, I may have it again next year.

And I found a pretty white one too.







<><><>

Then, at the end of our daily outing, on the way close to home we stopped at a local grocer to find the 'criss-cut' [waffle style] potatoes in the freezer. While there, I stopped by the seasonal aisle, and found something I don't have in the way of Santas. It's part of a Santa in the Kitchen collection, and I couldn't resist. It's a 'timer'...with Santa in his chef's outfit.

17 comments :

  1. I found your Christmas meme at Judy's blog and am playing today. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Anni! I found you through Carrie at Oak Rise Cottage. Love your site and would love to add you to my blogroll, if you don't mind. I have be wanting a Christmas catcus as well. Will have to check local plant store. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We never put the gifts before Christmas eve and only a short while before opening them (on Christmas eve) so I don't have this problem. I did my Christmas time decoration yesterday for the 1st advent with Arthur and Rosie (the cats) as big helpers ! Here too the streets and shops are full but not for Christmas but for Santa Claus on Dec. 6 ! The Belgian children get the important gifts at Santa Claus and not at Christmas there they get a small thing.(in Holland it's the same) I have never done this with our son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Anni,
    I love your Christmas Cactus'. They are beautiful. I have never seen a white one before. I have a great-aunt that used to have a red one. It was huge and I do mean huge. It bloomed every year. She has since been put in a nursing home and I have no idea what was done with it. I sure wish I had gotten it or piece from it to start my own. I love, love, love, your Santa Timer. He would like right cute in my kitchen. LOL. I have an old-fashioned timer that I bought at the Dollar Store. It serves it's purpose tho. I hate traffic also. We live in a small town, so there is really no traffic here. I have been with my hubby out on the road in the big truck before and it is bad in big cities. We were in San Antonia earlier this year and hit the rush hour traffic and it was pathetic. I was ready to get the heck out of dodge. LOL. Dallas ain't no better either. I hate the way they have them overpasses going on top of each other. Every time I get on one of them I either close my eyes or get back in the sleeper. LOL. I'm so thankful I live in a small town and don't have to deal with that stuff all the time. Well, take care my friend and have a great Sunday. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy @ Flip Flop Floozie's12/02/2007

    Anni...SURE I would love it if you would help my site look more like Christmas. i had a background that I liked and put it into Photoshop and tried to put it on my template (I had it in the right spot and all was well) but like Melli says she cannot understand why it will not work!! She is always so good with these things and i know more than you think about it!! BUT i am so happy that you thought of me. If you have an email email me then and i can give you my passwords. I of course do not want to do it here!! Thanks so much...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are way too organised for me! My Christmas Cacti are just showing the buds so hopefully they will bloom over the next couple of weeks. I have had mine for over 25 yrs. I have pink ones and red ones which bloom around Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cartoon. I'm so glad you found the Christmas Carol book too. I have always loved it and I have a book and a couple versions of the movie.
    Have a great day!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni,

    Mom had my paternal mother's Christmas cactus when I was small and it was lovely. She also had a white one.

    I looked at Christmas cactus yesterday when we went out with the boys to find a little tree. (And boy, it is little, but surprisingly enough it looks great when it's lit up.) Anyway, Mom still has one of the cactus, but the white one died some years ago. These are lovely.

    Love that little Santa timer. I can hardly wait to see photos of all of your Santa decorations.

    Have a great day and enjoy!
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Santa timer. He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those Santa's in the Kitchen. I want the one where Santa is baking cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you already have your Christmas shopping done. You are such an amazing person - so organized and efficient. I need you to give me some lessons, lol!!

    Your Christmas Cactus plants are so pretty. I used to have one of those, but I guess I killed it. Probably gave it too much water or not enough.

    I love your Santa kitchen timer also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni I love that copy of The Christmas Carol you found and the Santa timer is darling.

    I wish I could say I had my shopping done, but we won't be done until the weekend before the holiday. Kids sneak too much now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope no one steals your lovely icons, Anni. But there are people out there who have no conscience at all. However, I'm a great believer in that what goes around comes around...and it sure does!

    Like you, I'm not keen on driving around with all the idiots on the road either. But...I've found the best time to go shopping in our area. Friday afternoon around 1 pm. I can always get an undercover park, school's not out yet and the idiots have gone home! Heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've joined the fun you've created. Thanks so much.

    Here's the link:

    http://slcthoughts.blogspot.com/2007/12/12-questions-of-christmas-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the nice comment. i have been wanting to learn how to change the headers on my blog but just don't know how to. I just use what I can find on the computer. I really like what you did for mom. Very nice. I know she loved it. You are very talented when it comes to making things for blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could spend an hour here and not see everything you have on this very festive blog. Wow! So much going on at once I'm on visual overload. Headed out to find the MeMe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that I participated in your meme...great idea!

    ReplyDelete

.