my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


1:00PM Thursday. I just received a comment today from Mary at Mary's Writing Nook to drop by and find something for me at her blog. She continues to surprise me with wonderful gifts. Always a great feeling I get when she 'awards' me with her thoughts! I thank you kindly, dear Mary!!!




<><><>



[graphic made by me]

<><><>


I must admit, tho most times I'm a kid in all I do.....this past week, I have felt as old as the hills. All the coughing just took every ounce of energy out of me. While laying in bed preparing to nap; catching up on sleep missed the night before because of coughing fits, I pondered being older. My 13 thoughts of the aged:


    1] How do I know that my youth is all spent? Well, my get up and go has got up and went.

    2] I'm still the life of the party... even when it lasts 'til 8pm!!

    3] I'm very good at opening childproof caps with a hammer.

    4] I'm really not grouchy! I just don't like traffic, waiting, arrogant teens, politicians...

    5] I'm wrinkled, saggy and lumpy, and that's just my left leg.

    6] This week, I'm wondering, if you're only as old as you feel, how could I be alive at 150?

    7] I'm considered a Senior Citizen in most parts of America now, and I think I am having the time of my life... Aren't I?

    8] For some ungodly reason, I feel like the morning after, and I can tell you now, I haven't been anywhere.

    9] I went to get some cough drops at the drug store, and I used the freeway. The cell phone rang and it was my hubby. He told me to be careful 'cause he'd heard that there is a car on the freeway going the wrong way! I told him it wasn't just ONE car, it was hundreds of 'em!!

    10] I found out that M & Ms DO melt in your hand! Must have been the fever!!

    11] Something good happens once you turn the age of 50ish....you rarely see much peer pressure!!! Not to mention spider web art on your thighs and around, near the knee caps.

    12] On one of my recent birthdays I received a card. On the outside it had "We don't feel sorry for you having to blow out ALL the candles..." Inside it had "We had to stay up all night lighting them!"

    13] And hubby came in to check on how I was. We began chatting about our life...thinking with the last coughing spell that I'd soon take my last breath. He got a tear in his eye when we talked about our long, happy, marriage. I said to him...."Awwww, you're getting sentimental?" He said: "No I was thinking about the time before we got married. Your father threatened me with a shotgun and said he'd have me thrown in jail for 40 years if I didn't marry you. This coming May I'd be a free man!"


    [just kidding! I really feel grand :::cough, gag, cough::: ]

33 comments :

  1. OOH! I'm sorry you're not feeling well but I loved your Thursday 13. The thing I like about being over 50 is the Senior discount at Khol's and Goody's. I always ask for it. I think its on Wednesday in both stores. Hope you're up and at em soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening Anni,
    I am ROFLMBO here. This is just too cute. I loved your #'s 2,7,9,10, and 13. I loved them all but those really got to me. You are just too funny Anni. You seem like a down to earth person. I love reading about you. I hate that you aren't feeling well, but all you have to do is turn around and read what you posted. LOL. Now that should make you feel some better. LOL. I just had me some Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup(from a can) with some crackers. I'm hoping that will make me feel better too. Oh, I know what will make you so much better, is go find you some moonshine and drink it,and I'm sure when you wake back up, you will feel much much better. LOL. I'm sorry. I just had to throw that in. Well, take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours. Go crawl in bed with a good book and stay under the covers and get plenty of rest. Yep, that should do it. If it don't, them call me in the morning. LOL. Okay, I will quit for now.

    Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifecruiser.com12/12/2007

    THANKS for the giggle,this was an awesome T13 post! Loved the ending of t too! *giggles*

    13 Fun pun in airplanes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that God allows our bodies to last for about 50 years and then after that it is all GRAVY!! Somedays I feel just wonderful and then some weird thing happens..Oh a new pain!! GREAT!! I completely understand what you were talking about today..Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all but especially the last one. Have a great TT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those were all great and made me smile real big and I got 14 new wrinkles...
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you're not feeling too well but your amusing TT did make the rest of us smile, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's soo sweet!!! ;)

    Happy TT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the joys of getting old! lol Loved these 13 thoughts on being old...after two days of shopping my feet are killing me, just can't do it like I use to so YES I'm getting old too!! hehe Yup, my mom is a lot of fun, you would love her...she's got quite the wicked sense of humour! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was great!
    Happy tt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Anni. Me and my vicks-infused kleenex are going back to bed now....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni,

    Just what I needed tonight, a good laugh. I enjoyed your Thursday Thirteen.

    I do hope you're feeling better. I am also coughing and sputtering. Not nice and like you, I feel about 150.

    Just to let you know, Deena was still in surgery when I called. It was just after 7pm Illinois time.

    Take care, my friend. Hope you are feeling better.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is hilarious. Great 13!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you feel better. No fun being sick this time of year - been there done that - last year!

    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your list has me rolling with laughter. Oh my goodness, I needed the laugh!

    My T13 post is up, come check it out if you get a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my oh my ! you were in your philosophical hours, lol ! I loved the text of the birthday card, and I am sorry for your poor hubby that he had to support you such a long time (grin*!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. **Laughs hollowly.**

    Well, at least it's all downhill from here! This is the most Christmasy blog I have seen---like a Christmas card. I've got cute little animals at mine this week; come and see. The Flatland Almanack (Damozel)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to know your cough hasn't taken away your sense of humor! hope you feel well soon, loved your list, tho!
    Happy thirteening!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your lists made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  20. As always , you have another great thursday 13!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. feel better sweetie and come on over in a bit to see my T13

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your TT made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very funny list! I hope you feel better soon. My TT is up too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved Number 9. The rest of the list was cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anni,

    When you get a minute, please stop by my blog. I have a little something for you. You will find it at the end of today's post.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL, you always make me laugh, Anni - there's not enough laughter in the world. I hope your cough goes away soon. Happy TT!

    My TT is up at Siani's Pot-Pourri.

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG, you had me rolling.
    You are too much, girl!
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh gosh this was funny!

    Since I'm in my mid [cough cough] 50's - this was a real HOOT!

    Gotta love those late night parties that last until the ungoshly time of 8 PM or later!!!

    Thanks!

    Happy TT-13!

    Smiles,

    Holly
    http://theabundanceplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are sooo funny! But I do hope you are feeling a lot better!! Hugs, Grams

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aargh. Don't remind me of what's ahead... I'm having enough trouble dealing with what I've got!

    Feel better soon and happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That was hilarious...not you're being sick...the 13's!~ Get better soon.......there is much to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very funny list. And it's nice to remember we're not alone in this aging thing. Oh, and that someone else was awake coughing when I was!

    ReplyDelete

.