“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






~From our home to yours.........



<><><>

I probably won't be online now until near the weekend or ON the weekend sometime. Therefore I've redesigned my blog without Christmas decor today so that'll be one less thing I have to do for the remainder of the week. We're planning on going to Houston sometime after Christmas to be with our son for a day. Then, there'll be much to do around our home afterward; taking decorations down, packing them away, cleaning house -- so, I'll leave you with the holiday wish you see above, and I'm adding a few things here below also.

May your days ahead be merry and bright, and may everything about the holidays for you, be right!!!

---



The cat's out of the bag now. Mutti was my secret Santa [her gifts for me, below] --and the name I got and bought gifts for was P J! I'm very happy to know she liked what I picked out for her and sent to her. [I've known P J for some time, and when Bud drew her name for me, I knew right away, I'd get her some snowmen! --She collects them]


<><><>


Mr. Whipple, eat your heart out!! But, please....don't squeeze the Charmin™ Bride!!! Believe your eyes...this IS a gown made from toilet paper.






I don't know about you, but my first thought regarding this concoction was "Weird". And then, my next thought was: "Getting married in toilet paper just has to wipe away all your wedding jitters!" Then: "I sure hope it's not made from Generic Tissue" -way too thin, if the sun or light hits it just right, ummmmmm --'transparent!'. Oh and what about this? "That's like flushing all your dreams of a beautiful satin gown down the drain, now, isn't it?"

I hope her wedding bed is the quilted kind.

And I can just picture the newlywed handing her hubby the emptied roll in their honeymoon suite. As she hands the cardboard cylinder to him, she could remind him that it's biodegradable? I don't know..........

What'll they come up with next?

Image courtesy of: 2007 Wedding Contest
[believe it or not --I feel like Ripley's announcer "Believe it or not"-----anyway, believe it or not, there are even runners' up and honorable mentions here.]


<><><>

On Friday we went to see "National Treasure - Book of Secrets". I was highly anticipating this new release at the theater. And tho not disappointed, I was disheartened that it was so similar to the first successful film, "National Treasure". The script was nearly the same ---altho it was of different circumstances. You had the villain [played by Ed Harris] and the same cast as before, Riley, Dad, Abigail, and Ben. There was a new, fresh character, Ben's mother played by one of my favorite actresses, Helen Mirren. But, even with her added to the story, it was quite redundant. For me, all in all, the car chase in London was just about the best of the movie [Riley jumping in the Mercedes and stating "I'll drive"]---well, it really hit the funny bone for me, like a cartoon...the rest? Same ol' same ol'. Mimicked the 1st release, but still very good and very entertaining. Slow beginning, but the action picks up, finally, and keeps you watching for more. Don't miss the ending. Sweet, sweet Riley. *giggles*

[photo courtesy of BoS movie review]

14 comments :

  1. Good Morning Anni,
    I'm just dropping by to wish you and yours a "MERRY CHRISTMAS" from our Family. I love your new header. It is gorgeous. We leave our decorations up till the 1st of the year. Yall be careful going to Houston. I know yall will have a great time with your Son tho. Take care my friend and have a great Christmas Eve Day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anni,

    I like the new look you have given your blog. Loved the poem by Robert Frost.

    Have a safe trip to Houston.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Merry Christmas to all y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the joy that comes with Christmas Day remain with you throughout the year!! Merry Christmas dear friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12/24/2007

    Merry christmas and a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the new look. I think we may go see a movie today too since we did Christmas early with the Grands we have a day off to ourselves now. Have a safe drive to SpaceTown...PJ:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you know how I feel about cha.

    Merry Christmas, dear lady!

    And yes, I actually blogged for Christmas! (Will wonders never cease?)

    Ho Ho Ho...

    Love,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anni,
    I just wanted to stop in to say Merry Christmas! And to thank you for the Over 50 Bloggers, and your nice note welcoming me - I'm trying to get around to all of the other members - it's been fun! Hope your 2008 is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your having a wonderful xmas filled with joy and laughter! Your new blog design is marvelous - somehow it's just YOU. So, right now, Hootin' Anni is also Hottie Annie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So you are talking about taking your Christmas decoration down, already ??You were very fast to put it up and now very fast to put it down, lol ! We keep it until after New Year, usually the 6th. We had a nice Christmas in Amsterdam and I got lots of cats for my collection, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  13. We did that toilet paper wedding gown thing at Amanda's wedding shower! It's sO much fun! And I was amazed at how well the "designers" did! LOL!

    Christmas was grand here - but now I'm ready to make it go away too! UNfortunately I've got a horrible cold and just do NOT feel up to dealing with UNdecorating right now. It will wait until the weekend.

    Have fun in Houston!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a wonderful and joyous Christmas! Happy New Year!
    I'm glad the movie is not a disapointment, I so much want to watch.

    ReplyDelete

.