“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes









I'm moaning here!! The last two mornings I've been up early to try and catch the meteor shower that is showing in Orion's belt ---other than being eaten alive with the hungry, nasty, mosquitoes, I saw nothing. To be honest tho, I didn't stay out for a long time....too many creatures in the night! LOL Willowtree is hosting this week. He's promised to make it more appreciative of the 'arts' and be a bit more cultured in our assignment for the week! I'm talking about tee shirts, baseball caps, hoodies or any article of clothing that has graphics on it. It's up to you how many you include, as well as whether you include the actual garment or just the graphic.

And since I 'live for baseball' I'm gonna post, as Willowtree suggested. my 'graphic' Tee Shirt and some baseball caps of mine with graphics and logos.


This is me! A long-time, avid, Colorado Rockies fan.
Go Rockies
!!!
I'm wearing my cut-off Tee Shirt [one I cut off when I would go to the HOT desert Colorado Rockies' Spring Training games in Tucson.] I needed something much cooler to wear to their games with 90+ degree temps so, in April, I cut off about 5 inches of the regular tee-shirt and hemmed it to make it stop just at the mid-drift. And of course, my C R sunvisor I wore when playing golf too!! LOL

This one here is an oldie, but goodie. One of the many "Cactus League" Spring Training ball caps. The Rockies train in Tucson, Arizona. You'd find us at the ballpark, attending as many games as our time would allow. This one is from the 1997 season. It's autographed by a Rockies player, but for the life of me, after all these years, I can NOT figure out the handwriting to save my butt. [I'm sure you noticed the halloween frame --hehehehe, I hadda keep my post themes going, somehow!]

And my Colorado Rockies sunvisor and baseball cap.

Go Rockies
!!!
On October 24th I'll be in front of the tube with my purple and black garb. I'm just so elated 'bout this. It's been a dream of mine among others from or living in Colorado. And I say "It's about time!!!" Colorado needs this World Series Title to get themselves on the map and noticed by the Major League Baseball Commission. But, sadly, the Indians didn't win the ALC! I was so hoping they'd win. I don't like Curt Schilling...I really don't. Even when he pitched for 'my' AZ D'Backs a few years back ---he was egotistical and very pampered which made for a lot of team contention, I think. [I personally like the looks of the Yankees team myself...why are there so many beards these days?...the Yankees look clean!!! --and I say this with knowing about the beards on the Rockies team too, so don't get me wrong. I just truly feel that there should be a 'dress code' with facial hair and long unkempt hair...it's tacky. The professional players should look professional, and act like someone who is 'representing their team'!! Not like someone off the streets. When the Fall Classic was played years ago, the players were "clean".]

Karina has signed up to be our hostess next Monday.

<><><>

Q: Why did the witches' team lose the baseball game?
A: Their bats flew away!

*Ahhhh, come on, gimme a break. I didn't write it.

<><><>


I'm into my 3rd week of handing out Halloween treats!
This week the 'treat' will be this; a cute little vampire 'vanting to share some candy vith you'!!



Each day up until Halloween [October 31st]
I will be handing out
a treat for 1 - 5[one to five] bloggers who drop by
during the week for visiting.
You're more than welcomed to pass it along
to ones you think are deserving of a special treat
for the season.
Kinda like "Pay it Forward"
Y'know, one goodwill gesture deserves another?
But DON'T just choose your friends
making this cliquish and 'just groupies'...
Make NEW friends by choosing random visitors!!!

It seems that 'awards' are floating around blogland
and just "blog friends" get chosen all the time.
Make it RANDOM!!

If you do decide to share it with others
then, USE THIS "TREAT" IMAGE and
link it back to my blog and
explain where the idea originated.
Click on the image to expand and then save for displaying on your blog if you choose.

MY TREATS TODAY GO TO:

Joy @ Joy in the Moment

35 comments :

  1. Meteor showers would be neat. I've seen them but not lately. Usually when the light show is on, we have too much cloud cover, or like you, the mosquitoes try to eat us alive.

    Have a great upcoming week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I have tried to catch meteor showers, which is hard to do in the light-polluted northwest Indinna.

    I see that you are a Rockies fan. I like the spring training cap the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO Rockies!!

    Have a fun Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hootin' Anni, My post mentioned you can tell a lot about a person by their tee shirt choices, and it seems that proves true here, too :). Nothin' says lovin' like a rabid fan;).

    I've never seen a meteor shower, but it sure would be worth getting up early, staying up late...and even enduring some pesky bites in the process! Hope you get to see the show!

    (btw, your link back to your blog didn't work on the comment you left me. You might want to check to make sure it's working as you comment throughout the day :) ).

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, those Rockies! it'll be a fascinating world series, eh?

    love the cactus league hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meteor showers! I bet that was awesome. Love your art work and your page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow meteor showers what a lovely sight that would be.
    i dont own a baseball hat or any hat at all:-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your enthusiasm for your team. I'm a NL fan, so I'm cheering for you guys, too. Happy FM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not a baseball fan but since you are, GO ROCKIES! Great shirts and hats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go Rockies! (I am a Yankees fan so anything Red Sox is BAD!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We used to have that Colorado Rockies shirt!!!! It was a casualty of the great T-Shirt paring that occurred just before we moved though, so it is no longer with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I wanna se that meteor shower too. That would be awesome.

    I can't say that I'm any sports person at all, but I can say that I really like the very professional Halloween feeling i get when coming here. You've really succeeded with your blog layout :-)

    Psssst. Don't miss that it's time for your Oddly Ghost post tomorrow, Tuesday, in the cyber cruise....

    ReplyDelete
  13. GO ROCKIES! great garb you've got!

    happy fun monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mosquitoes are evil.

    The World Series should be a good one to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never seen meteor showers only falling stars ! I don't even know how it looks like, lol !
    Our expo is over and I am on my knees !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Love your blog!! Fun Moan-Day that was too cute.

    You are too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is wonderful to have team spirit. I didn't display any as I knew Sirdar was and he is a bigger fan than I anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to root for the Red Sox, until they won the World Series. Now, they have had their day in the sun, and have shown that they are worthy - time for some new blood! Go, Rockies!! (I'll have to cheer for the Colts tonight, and the Rockies Wednesday night.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whooo Whooo Whooo Whooo (doin' my Arsenio Hall impersonation!) ... GOOOOOOO ROCKIES! Girrrrrrrrrl... you are just gonna explode (or maybe IMPLODE) before the series is done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yours is the first collection of baseball hats I've seen. LOL at the joke, now if only I can remember it to pass it on!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think I'm supposed to root for the Mariners...but as I'm not a big fan of baseball, I can cheer for both.

    Go Rockies!!! (besides my sweetie grew up in CO)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh, but of COURSE you have posted your rockies stuff! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I missed out on the meteor shower. Even if I knew about it, I probably would have been at work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Don't worry Anni, as long as you're not rooting for the Yankees, I have no problem with you. I live in Red Sox Nation, therefore, I'm a Red Sox fan, but I don't even like baseball all that much. (shhh don't tell). Of course I still want them to win. OH, and I actually don't like Curt Schilling either (again, shhh don't tell).

    Still, I'll be watching the World Series rooting my team on...sorry! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm not much of a baseball fan unless it's watching my son playing. But I do know he is a loyal Cardinals fan so we watch them alot. Thanks so much for the "treat". I will pass it on this week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope the Rockies win too!! That would be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The World Series should be a GREAT game to watch. YOU are so creative! I seen a cake on kraftfoods and thought of you right away...Can I add you to my list of friends?

    ReplyDelete
  28. our good friend Kim is a Rockies Fan... She's ecstatic.

    I heard this meteor shower is debris from Haley's comet. I didn't get up to see it.

    A few years ago one of the showers was expected to be super. We drove out into the wheat fields away from all the lights. Another family pulled in next to us - they were Mexican.

    We had the greatest laughs together because the chatter in English and Spanish would cease when streaks filled the skies and the Ooh's and Awww's sounded the same. I guess you had to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  29. YOu don't like the Rockies do ya? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. A meteor shower would be awesome! Mosquitoes? Not so much. Those I don't miss now that the cooler temps are here where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Whenever you are out here in Arizona for Spring training you're going to have to look me up! We don't live to far from Tucson or anywhere Spring training is here in Mesa,AZ.
    Another Diamondbacks fan here!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. this is the first time i actually made it to your fun monday and let me say i have been missing out...i love what you have done with your place...i may not be a rockies fan but i am one of yours now!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am not into baseball but I bet meteor showers must ROCK!! ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete

.