my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out






The list challenge for this week's 10 on Tuesday is 10 USEFUL websites. Well, since I really don't do challenging work on the internet and my time spent online is for the fun of it, I can't say I know of any. So, I opt out for this week.


Yesterday, Monday, was a whirl wind kinda day. I just really don't know where the time went. But it passed me by too quickly.

First off, Corpus had a few hours' reprieve from the sweltering heat that has been lingering here for the summer and into late September and beyond. It was hot and humid when I got up around 5 a.m. and actually short and tank top weather! Then, about 4 hours later the winds started howling and the temp dropped drastically. The first time I checked the outdoor temp early, it was creeping up on 85 degrees. That was about 6 or 6:30. But when the winds came, and the clouds ---then it was in the mid 60s!!! And a bit of heaven if you asked me! Ya, the winds were zephyr type, but it really felt so good. I went out and walked a short walk 'til I got worn our trying to stay upright in the winds.

So, then I got back indoors, I climbed in my office chair and started visiting some of the Fun Monday Bloggers - and I had been watching an item on ebay [and I don't like to buy on ebay at all to be honest; it's frustrating to always be outbid after sitting and watching the item for a long time!!]. Anyway, I opened up the ebay website and clicked on the item I've been watching....started to bid. Lost the bid. Okay, a very similar item was up for auction...I kept that window opened and kept my eye on the bidding. Again, I started to bid. To no avail, tho. I was out-bid at the last few seconds. Typical luck of the Irish [if it weren't for back luck I'd have no luck at all, y'know?]

Well, by then, most of the morning was shot. I didn't get diddly squat done around the house and I had planned on changing bed linens....that too was nixed. Maybe today? LOL ----By that time, I was so frustrated with ebay [as always]. Bud decided he needed to go get his cats some more dried food. They were down to a bit of nibbling remnants in the bag. I went with him. We ended up going to McDonald's for lunch, and I ate and read the newspaper's sports section. [Hey, I gotta keep up with the baseball world. AND the football scores. Carolyn? Your Chiefs won Sunday, and so did 'my' Broncos!!!]

After lunch we walked around the mall. I'm checking for what's leftover from the pickings for Halloween decor and seriously checking out what's in stores for Christmas decorations already. Mainly Santas. We ended up at another strip mall where I wanted to go into Hobby Lobby for some more crochet thread. My daughter wants me to crochet her a witch like I just finished last week, and I got to thinking, if I can take an angel pattern and make it into a witch with a bit of tweaking here and there, I can make a santa perhaps! At least I'm gonna give it a go. So, I bought a large spool of red, a small spool of white and pink. Now I gotta go check out some free online patterns that I can print out.

I've been looking for a crystal crucifix for a gift to send overseas and went into a jewelry shop. They told me to come back in about a week...that the order was in and processed, all they have to do is wait for the shipment. Ya, right....okay!!

Later in the afternoon...when back home, I got back online to check my personal emails [family] and just a couple from our son...no big deal. Same ol' same ol....he wants this professorship to get going really strong so he can someday get completely OUT of the corporate world. And, I can't blame him on that aspect.

Now, I'm back home. Got back on the addictive site called ebay. And I once again started bidding on a ring. I do have my birthstone in two rings. My high school class ring AND a gold filigree with the lavender [light shade] amethyst. Well, I have been wanting a dark purple! And that's what has been taking all my time online...bidding! But, after 4 attempts and being outbid all the time, I did win a bid!! It's pretty...the stone is big, but I like the cut. Smooth, no facets. There is a word for that, but I can't recall what it is...it means natural, and not cut into facets. rofl [the word just came to me --cabochons] And I got it for a CHEAP price. Let's just say that my winning bid was lower than the shipping costs!! Whoa....addictive yes.

<><><>

Then my sister called. She was telling me about the Rockies [of course] and I guess from what she told me, the people in Colorado just inundated the call center/ticketmaster and crashed the big computer! They had to shut things down in order to repair the programming. She told me that nearly 8.5 million people tried to get tickets [of course that is probably a lot of Boston fans too, but gee whiz....rofl] Beside, hubby says we should go to a world series game. I just can't see spending the big bucks for one lousy game..........when you can see it much better from your own living room-on TV! [I just got off Yahoo news...it sure did happen! Just like sissy said it did!] (Sissy's my pet name for her...she doesn't like it, that's why I continue to use it. Just like a little sister, huh? Psssssssst, there IS a little devil living in me at times.)

<><><>

I'm into my 3rd week of handing out Halloween treats!
This week the 'treat' will be this; a cute little vampire 'vanting to share some candy vith you'!!



Each day up until Halloween [October 31st]
I will be handing out
a treat for 1 - 5[one to five] bloggers who drop by
during the week for visiting.
You're more than welcomed to pass it along
to ones you think are deserving of a special treat
for the season.
Kinda like "Pay it Forward"
Y'know, one goodwill gesture deserves another?
But DON'T just choose your friends
making this cliquish and 'just groupies'...
Make NEW friends by choosing random visitors!!!

It seems that 'awards' are floating around blogland
and just "blog friends" get chosen all the time.
Make it RANDOM!!

If you do decide to share it with others
then, USE THIS "TREAT" IMAGE and
link it back to my blog and
explain where the idea originated.
Click on the image to expand and then save for displaying on your blog if you choose.

MY TREATS TODAY GO TO:

Captain Lifecruiser @ Life Cruiser
Katie @ Little Bits and Pieces of Me, Katie
Debs @ Deb's Pumpkin Patch


<><><>

...and now for some fun.

* In My Best Announcing Voice * And now ladies and gentlemen....from Cable's own Comedy Central!!
....on with the show, this is it!! [IT's funny too. A real hootin' of a show---no, really!!! But, it's most certainly adult humor]

Presenting .....

"Achmed"

14 comments :

  1. This is a funny movie.. I like the way the skeleton's eyes move. The timing is good also..

    Thank you very much for the treat! That is really sweet of you.

    Tis a bit cooler here ( Austin ) as well. I've a 5-6 mile bike ride to the horses this morning since the vet's coming over.

    Love the ring! The colour of the stone is rich. I don't do e-bay although other members of my family sell/buy on it.

    I like to shop on Amazon, Overstock though...

    Time for a coffee before I scoot..

    Thank you Again! I had a fun time yesterday !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congratulations on your winning ebay bid! I love that ring! The stone is gorgeous! I know what you mean about it being addicting! You should put in vintage Halloween and look at all the antique Halloween items.....you'll drool!

    Have a wonderful day! Sharon
    P.S. The clip was really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your cool front!
    I know we are..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anni.Firstly I must say We dont celebrate Halloween in Australia,
    love the colour of your ring.
    we have just had a taste of summer 2 very warm days 37c and 36c nearing 100f and were still in spring,. take care and have a very happy Halloween...

    ReplyDelete
  5. TY For the treat! :D

    I will be putting on my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I very often wonder where the days ges... But it's much the blogging to blame in my case.... *giggles*

    Ah, well you certainly deserved to win that bid at ebay at last! It's gorgeous. I love the simplicity shapes - nothing that can get stuck anywhere, very practical. And that you can really see the stone properly since it's that big.

    Oh, and that Achmed is hilarious!!!

    Thanks x millions for the treat, you're such a sweetie handling out all those to us. A very nice idea and especially to even give it to new friends too! I liked that. We tend to group too much...

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your winning bid with ebay. the ring is fantastic. (and ebay? that's an addiction. fun fun fun if you have the time to give it!)

    and thank you, broncos, for winning. it helped me in the office football pool this week!

    have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. anni,

    It is cooler and raining here. About time too. Not that I like the cold, but the unseasonable temperatures have me worried about global warming. It's unheard of to be in the 80s in Ontario at this time of year.

    A pointer for bidding on ebay. Wait until late in the auction to bid. Make the initial bid and then put in a maximum bid - the amount you're willing to go. This is best done in the last few minutes. If you've set a maximum bid you have the satisfaction of knowing that the item went for more than you were willing to pay. Hope this helps.

    Enjoyed your daily post, as always.
    Thanks for your visit to my blog. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Achmed....I am still laughing!

    Congrats on you winning bid - I like the smooth lines of the ring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah!! The Chiefs won!! And the Broncos won too!! Your ring is so pretty!! I have never tried E-bay but my girls have.... Kelly just came in from taking pictures of my pin oak and wants to get them in the computer!! Love and Hugs Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the style of your blog. It is like sitting across from you over a cup of coffee. Thanks for being so companionable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omigosh, Achmed cracked me up! What a find! I love eBay, too, and got several of my Halloween things there this year--the area 51 poster, ID badge, and 2 masks that I can remember right off the bat. I've been shopping there for several years now and usually get what I REALLY want. Just haven't gotten into selling on there yet.

    If you get a chance, come see what I did on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, congrats on finally winning a bid! I stay away from Ebay altogether! We got ripped off once and I've never gone back! That stupid saddle is STILL sittin' in my basement! LOL!

    I find my days getting away from me like yours did yesterday ALL TOO OFTEN! How come there aren't MORE hours in a day?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your ring is beautiful!!! I have wanted something amethyst for years. Maybe I need to start looking on Ebay!!

    ReplyDelete

.