“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes









I got a treat!! I got a treat!!! Candy coated!! It's sweet, and scrumptious. And it's from Carolyn She says on her blog: "Anni at Hootin'Anni's - I love reading what Anni is up to and who knows what that is going to be!! That's why I go over every day just to find out what on earth she has been doing in the last 24 hours! You never know! A very fun and sometimes serious read." You know what this means, don't you? It means I gotta hand out some now -----[below]

<><><>




Alllllllll righty then! We're talkin' security blankets this week for Fun Monday! That can't be all that difficult to come up with something. Something that I just can't leave home without! *sucking my thumb like Linus of the Charlie Brown saga with his 'bankey'* And obviously keys and the garage door opener is with me....but, that's not really 'security' ---I can always break in to get back in the house so.....

First off, I stopped carrying purses a long time ago. At my age, there's just no need. Since I don't do makeup but once a day and I don't need the heavy bag draped over my shoulder. And besides more often than not, I'm alone when out shopping or walking [unless it's the beach] and 99% of the time when I carried a purse there was always someone walking up to me asking for a quarter to catch the bus or money to buy food....Once I stopped carrying the burden called purse, I'm not bothered by panhandlers any longer. NO ONE comes up to me for money.

Today, I carry only my cellphone carrying case on my belt loop and the two pieces of plastic. My ID for one, and the 2nd, my plastic money. Altho, I will carry loose change in a pocket in case, just in case. Who knows if I may lose my card! *shrug* [Come to think of it....It's MUST to have pockets!!! So, the garment with pockets is my security 'blanket' too!!!]

But most importantly after the ID would be my eye glasses!!! I can't see long distances without them. And I bet you're glad to know I don't leave home without them....you wouldn't want me out on the streets driving behind/beside you now. without, would you?

There, you have it. That fun Monday assignment was brought to you by: Karina And it was easy as pie.
[PS!!---The first idea of yours would have been hunkie dorie too!! I got lots and lots of coffee cups.]

The Humble Housewife is our hostess next week.

<><><>

Yesterday after our weekly brunch and before going home to watch football on TV, we stopped at Lowe's Center. Bud wanted to get some plastic pipe and a few fittings for the pipe so he can fix some of the raintree sprinkler system. Me? While he was over at the Arrrr, Arrrr, Arrr section [you don't know what that section is? It's Tim the Tool Man Taylor's area....and that's the grunting sound you hear from all the men in those aisles!! Whaddya mean you haven't heard 'em?!! Pay attention next time you happen to go in Lowes/Home Depot. They all grunt in a manly way.] *snort*

So, you would find me at the plants and the Christmas stuff! It's that time of year when all the cool things come out. Way before they're picked over by the 'mobs'!! I saw a cool fiber optic santa for my collection, but I refrained from going "oooooooo, oooooooo, ooooooo" That's the female version -Tina The Tulle [there IS such a thing as tulle - pronounced like tool, and feminine] Girl. Done in a girly way of course. So, all I got was a couple of new African violets for my computer room.

Pretty, huh?


<><><>

A few months back this local newspaper had reported on growing cannibis and telling us that it's okay. [The way it was worded in the article, but not meant the way it read]. Now, yesterday, I unwrap the newspaper from the delivery bag, and what yells out to me?!!!



"Well, ya-ah, y'all got that right!! It's taken you that long to figure it out? I mean really....this is hicksville! It took me only a year living here---------------"
Well, I guess I should read the article before confirming my thoughts on Corpus and this newspaper that tries to emulate the big newspapers like the Houston Chronicle and Boston Globe ---at least their front pages have articles from the New York Times!!!---You see, that way the press release takes no time at all to print up; copying and pasting!! We've all learned to do that, right? hehehehe But this, on the front page??!! It goes on talking about a new landfill that will open. GEEZ!!! But, what a headline, huh? The more I think about it, the more funny it becomes. What a dump hoot.

Speaking of Dump ---The RED SOX really dumped one on us COLORADO ROCKIES fans!!!! Congrats to all the Sox backers. They swept the series and became World Champs!!! [and deservedly I might add]. Hey? I'm a Rockies fan, but the scores of the last four games reflects a lot of truth in the Colorado's performance. In a way, their loss was justified in my opinion. They forgot how to play ball!!!!

<><><>

Halloween is near!! For the last days until Halloween arrives, this is the newest of treat handouts from the "Queen" of Halloween. ROFLMAO






Each day up until Halloween [October 31st]
I will be handing out
a treat for 1 - 5[one to five] bloggers who drop by
during the week for visiting.
You're more than welcomed to pass it along
to ones you think are deserving of a special treat
for the season.
Kinda like "Pay it Forward"
Y'know, one goodwill gesture deserves another?
But DON'T just choose your friends
making this cliquish and 'just groupies'...
Make NEW friends by choosing random visitors!!!

It seems that 'awards' are floating around blogland
and just "blog friends" get chosen all the time.
Make it RANDOM!!

If you do decide to share it with others
then, USE THIS "TREAT" IMAGE and
link it back to my blog and
explain where the idea originated.
Click on the image to expand and then save for displaying on your blog if you choose.

MY TREATS TODAY GO TO:

Mott @ Mott's Island

Dragon Star @ Dragon Days

Friday's Child @ Friday's Child


37 comments :

  1. Hey - thanks for the treat! Another first for me. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, you have packed a lot into your post. You might have the right idea not carrying a purse. I carry one but typically only use some of the contents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i could carry so little...i should have included pics of my kids...can't leave home without them either...i would get in trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, yes, we're all glad you take your glasses!

    my glasses never leave my head unless i'm in the shower, or sleeping. i didn't think to include them in my fun monday because it wouldn't be possible to leave the house without them--i woudln't be able to find the door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forget my sunglasses when they are sitting atop my head, which is the place they occupy most often.

    So sorry about the Rockies. It's tough to lose in a sweep. And, I know. My darling Stros did it just a couple of years ago. Just be happy they made it to a Series. It gets easier to say that as time goes by...I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you are a minimalist - impressive. Glad you still take your glasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm right there with ya on the no-purse thing. i usually tell people i'm such a boy about this stuff. if my pants dont have back pockets....

    i thought of you when the rockies lost last night. that can give new meaning to your "moanday."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't mention my glasses - they are always on my face - I guess I forget about them.

    I know what you mean about the Rockies....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost never carry a purse either. They're just a pain in the tail and I'm always setting it down somewhere and forgetting it.

    Sorry about your Rockies. It stinks to be a sports fan sometimes.

    Happy Fun Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a glasses/contacts kind of gal myself. Can't go anywhere without them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I retire my purse will retire too. I'm going to go as light as possible.. except what am I going to do with my camera and binoculars? I'm going to have to get a specially designed tulle belt like you have for your cell phone. heh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never thought that losing the purse would stop panhandlers, but it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the cute treat!

    Not carrying a purse is a good idea. :) Mine actually stays in the car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. And, if you stop by my place, you can pick up a little something I have there waiting for you -thanks for all the sweet treats you've been busy handing out ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you gave up your purse! Maybe that will be my next effort to simplify. Thanks for an always entertaining post and congrats on the new award!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwwwwww! I'm so glad you got a TREAT -- and one that didn't even originate at YOUR house! LOL! That is great!

    I didn't carry a purse for yeeeeears and years! I don't really remember what made me start again... I think it was needing a place to keep a good supply of pencils for all the High School kids who never had one! LOL! At any rate... I need to break the habit! My platic money and my drivers license is really all I ever NEED! Oh... and my cell phone... which I don't clip on.... hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gulp...no purse?? I couldn't even imagine, although you probably don't walk around with a sore shoulder like I do. Loved the entire post and congrats on receiving that incredibly adorable treat. It's 'almost' as cute as the treats you make :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have gone from carrying way too much, to carrying very little.

    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have the artiest blog on Fun Mondays, I always smile when I pull up your page.

    Love that you've simplified what you need to take with ya...I could learn a lesson or two. I didn't actually CARRY my purse w/me until my car was broken into in February, now I'm a SLAVE to it (and I resent it, lol). Don't wanna leave any temptations in my car :/.

    Happy FM!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am loving your Halloween inspired site here Anni! I just wrote on another FM post that I can't believe I forgot vision. I'd be the same as you without my contacts... I guess they just seem a part of me, so didn't think of it! You travel light! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so glad you like the award!!You have gave out so many it is nice for one to come to You!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We all got to have them cell phones now days. And I had said ai wouldn't have one or a computer. Boy did I ever lie. LOL!
    Nope, never heard that commercial about the dew.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So the xmas staff has already arrived out there hah? Not so much over here, but it will only be for a week more or so before it's overloaded.

    I have a song for you over at my place, I also tagged you AND I can please you with the fact that I handled out Halloween treats too - all in your good spirit :-)

    Blog Love Dove

    Don't forget to take all our monster friends with you to the big Halloween Party the 31th ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the treat idea. hm. i think there might be something in there beyond hallowe'en ...

    ReplyDelete
  25. My glasses were top of my list. I really should take a leaf out of your book and travel light. My bag (purse) weighs heavily sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're posts are so great...and I was excited to see that some bloggers actually carry cash! I have a nearly-14-year-old daughter, so I NEVER have cash.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anni,

    You always make me laugh and your blog is such a treat to read. Thank you for being here.

    Happy Fun Monday

    Robin of mytwoblessings

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anni,
    Sorry I was so late getting over to read your post today. The day started with a bit of a challenge. Read all about it on my blog.

    Congrats on the award. You are most deserving and it's nice it came first circle.

    I haven't carried a purse since I was injured badly in a car accident in 1988. I also need pockets in all of my clothes, carry loose change and need to take my reading glasses with me in case I need to look at a price tag or sign a paper. Usually they get left at home. However, I don't need them to drive so everyone, including me, is safe.

    Lovely photos of the African Violets.

    Take care and have a terrific week.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yeah I forgot the glasses too, sometimes Kaytabug has to take them off of me while I sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anni, I admire your creativities!

    Happy Halloween Season!

    Trinity from Rooms of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love African violets!
    Great Fun Monday!
    I wear glasses/contacts so they are just a given. I long for the day to go out light like you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. i think purses are a burden too. i haven't carried one for ages. if i need to take a lot of stuff, i'll pack a tote bag or, if i'm going to use my laptop, put the stuff in my computer bag. otherwise, i try to go with no more than my planner binder.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I had told myself not to mention the Red Sox when I came over here...but you brought it up so...uh...yeah, we're all pretty happy in Red Sox Nation today!

    Okay, I'll stop with that now and move on to saying those flowers you got are very pretty! And congrats on your "treat"!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are one of the very few women who don't have a purse. That is amazing. Where do you keep the kitchen sink? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I was just checking out all the cool fiber optic things in our local Lowe's the other night! There were two that were my favorites....the penguin family that lights up and the hip hop Santa! Love your posts....I need to add you to my blogroll...

    ReplyDelete
  36. I get tired of packing around my purse too, but I do feel like I need things from it quite often, my wallet, my lipstick, calander, cell phone and gum. Sometimes it gets so heavy though! I should try a day of simplifying and do like you do, just two cards and a phone!

    Take care, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice blog, good hootin' :)
    greetings,
    Arjan

    ReplyDelete

.