my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds






~Thursday Thirteen

13 UNUSUAL / ADMIRABLE OCCUPATIONS I'D CHOOSE STILL TODAY

When I was a kid [even now today some are still attractive to my senses of worth] I've admired and/or became quite driven to appreciate these occupational positions. And I've oftentimes wished I'd be doing the job myself.

1) Fixed Based Operator Line Person [airport]
This is the personnel who meets the arriving aircraft out on the tarmac, guides it to and secures it in the appropriate parking area, fuels and services the plane, inspects the craft for low tire pressure or fluid leaks, and generally serves as the FBO greeter. [I love the sound of jet engines, and I love the fact that the captain of the airship is leaving you in charge of securing the space to stop the plane in perfect position]

2) Glass Blower
This is a most fascinating job. Of course my idea of working with hot glass would be to design and make items that would be considered 'trinkets'...something of only sentimental value to one who would purchase my artwork. My work in this field would only be something of artistic value instead of functional value---it'd be cool to know that some of my work would be of museum value.

3) Artifact Carbon Dater
To be able to work with antiquity in such a manner as to be able to put a specific date on some priceless relic would give me a true sense of identifying the realm of the archaeological field.

4) Jouster
First off my horse would definitely be of the Andalusian blood line. [these horses are gorgeous and wonderfully comfortable to ride] All black. A pride and joy that would help me be a continual prize winner of all who'd challenge me in the game! And to wear the renowned silver armour would be a privilege. Not to mention exciting.

5) Newspaper Editor
Reading and editing newspaper columns by writers such as Nellie Bly, Walter Winchell, Katherine Graham, would be a thrill of a lifetime!!

6) Baseball Scout.
'Nough said. What job would give me a chance to watch what I like best, and still get paid?

7) Toy Maker
Especially in the line of stuffed toys! Boy, can you imagine all the 'irregulars' I'd make? Just so they'd be kept off the seller's shelf---and I could take them home? Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious.

8) Automobile Designer
What could be more thrilling than to see your work a reality and be found on every road and highway in the land?

9) Race Car Driver
Speaking of automobiles, I've always loved the thrill and exhilaration of speed. My top driving speed was 120mph. And it's in my blood---my brother was a sub-professional [where he'd drive in local/regional arenas] driver, drag racing. It's thrilling and blood rushing to experience.

10) Costume Designer [movies]
To be able to design clothing for celebrities to don while making a period piece movie....wow. When a child I always admired the famous/award winning stylist Edith Head. There's no one that has come up to her caliber since.

11) Auctioneer
Just to be able to talk like them, would be an accomplished art in itself.

12) Glass Etcher
To design and etch artwork into a sheet of glass for a cupboard or a dining-room hutch or perhaps a glass door panel for an entertainment center would be fun!

13) Offensive Coordinator for the Denver Broncos!!
Get those players to go AROUND the defense instead of carrying the football through the center tacklers without gaining the needed yards for a first down! Gawd, if only I could be out there on the sidelines directing them as to where their balls are to go ---*wink*.

<><><>

"Naming my witch poll" ends Sunday --if you'd like to vote click here.

<><><>

Yesterday's today was tomorrow yet tomorrow's today will be yesterday.


25 comments :

  1. I always wanted to be a sport's journalist, so I could talk to the players, especially the baseball ones! Being a scout would be fun too! I enjoy watching the game! :)

    Happy TT!

    www.chelleyoung.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of them, but #13 made me howl. Have a great TT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting picks! I share some of those, but there are more. perhaps I'll do a list about them... :-)
    My TT shares 13 things about Mabon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newspaper editor would suit me down to the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just had to tell you, you have the cutest blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, Carbon Dater!! That's a great one! I'd love to do that!
    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A glass blower would be very cool...I love the way they do that:) Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved many of them, we were kinda twins! LOL

    My TT is up @ thenononsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat list! I wouldn't want the high pressure of working for the Broncos, but glassblower would be kind of cool.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting choices.

    Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH this was great fun. i especially got a giggle out of jouster!! how creative is THAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cool! I wanted to spend my days putting cards up for Hallmark!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanted to be a veterinarian--great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list I think the Glass Blower,Glass Etcher & Offensive Coord sound like cool jobs Happy TT http://inraesworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mr. Gattino is a formule 1 fan ! I think I should offer him a Ferrari, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  16. The glass blower one - just have to say I went to Waterford Crystal in Ireland and it was just amazing. Waterford has NO seconds so every piece has to be perfect - not sure I would really want that job. LOL cool list

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to want to be a florist, as I just love flowers. But now I just take photographs of them and grow them in my garden! Great list!
    My TT post has just gone up about traits I admire most in my family. Would love to hear what you thought of it!
    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I voted.

    Love your favourite occupations...everything from artist to revhead and lots more in between! You sound a very interesting personality, Anni. I shall have to meet you one day.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the 13.

    my 13 is up on
    http://momworksathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a great idea for a TT. I have had the opportunity to visit a glass blower and see how the work is done. That is a thought provoking TT and I may steal your idea sometime. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting list. I'd love to learn how to blow glass and etch it, too, even though I haven't a "visual" artistic bone in my body.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, great list...I could see you doing any of those. So what's stopping you?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always wanted to be a race car driver..thanks for sharing and visiting my place today....Baba

    ReplyDelete
  24. You know i never wanted to be anything but what i turned out to be a mommy!! That was all that i wanted to be as a child!! Guess that is why we are so broke right now....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a great list!! Like Daisy said you could do them all!!!

    ReplyDelete

.