my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Wordless Wednesday~



<><><>

Two robins were sitting in a tree. "I'm really hungry," said the first robin. "Let's fly down and find some lunch."

They flew down to the ground and found a nice plot of newly plowed ground that was full of worms. They ate and ate and ate until they could eat no more.

"I'm so full I don't think I can fly back up into the tree" said the first robin.

"I know what you mean," said the second robin. "Let's just lay back here and bask in the warm sun."

"O.K.," said the first robin.

So they plopped down to bask in the sun. Soon after they had fallen asleep, a big cat appeared . . . and gobbled up the two robins.

As the cat sat washing his face after his meal, he said . . .


"I just love Baskin' Robins."
[for those that don't know U S A - there is a franchise ice cream parlor called Baskin Robins]


<><><>

For quite a while I've searched for this movie in DVD, and yesterday I found it. Actually hubby found it. The 'old' movie he was looking for was "True Lies" [which is a comedy] and after he grabbed his movie, and while I was shopping for batteries, he came upon the one I've been hoping to find.

Although I haven't really searched hard and long for it, but just when I think about looking and seeing what they have for movies that we don't have in our collection. Yet, Bud knows that I've been wanting to find it. And boy, was he pleased to show me what was in his hand!! Boasting actually, and he knew I would be pleased to no end.

This movie, actually, is the one that really made me take notice of Johnny Depp. Ya, I knew about him from TV days when he was on 21 Jump Street. Our daughter would drool over him...and funny thing --way back then, I had an inkling he was a hoodlum. Then, I saw this love story, Benny and Joon...he did such a wonderful job, I would begin to pay close attention to his talents.

The couple are both 'imbalanced' and Joon lives with her brother Benny. Along comes Sam [Depp], another misfit, and charms his way into Joon's heart. It's witty, it's charismatic and delicate. And the story of falling in love is delectable. If I were a paid critic I'd give it 5 stars!!

14 comments :

  1. * *Corpus Christi, TEXAS AQUARIUM holding tank for dolphins, in the lower level with the viewing window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the movie. Very touching...a real love story. Made me cry...but then again, it doesn't take much to make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Baskin Robbins here, too and I just love their icecreams.

    Well, you should have a lovely time crying over your movie...lol...sniff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have baskin robbins here as well - my favourite flavour ever is Jamocha Almond Fudge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benny & Joon! LOL! Great movie! I did cry though...

    Love the dolphin - and I'm taking the joke to work today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that dolphin picture!! You can almost hear the silence - if that makes sense!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ! Fortunately it's your wordless wednesday otherwise you would have written two pages about Johnny Depp ! which doesn't belong to my favourites, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dolphin! Your other pics and post is cute, too!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dolphin! What amazing animals! Happy WW! And Benny and Joon... ahhhh, the days of drooling over Johnny Depp BEFORE this generation of teens got ahold of his swashbuckling skills... I love it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute!
    Happy Wednesday, Anni

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now we are going to have to rent this movie!! I bet Kelly would love it!! She just watched a Johnny Depp movie that she loved!!

    I love Baskin Robbins,too!!

    ReplyDelete

.