my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



THIRTEEN ANAGRAMS[thursday 13]
FOR HOOTIN' ANNI'S BLOG BELOW MY TRIBUTE TO PRINCESS DIANA


How I so vividly remember the world's loss of a great woman. After a while, I thought she was demoralized, dejected by the British Empire, and still today I feel the same. Tho, the royals tried to make amends to the distrust, disgust, and displeasures of their treatment in her life and in her death...it was all too little too late for me, and I'm not even a Englishman! From the very beginning I watched her grow and become of woman of stature, even before the fairytale wedding that was televised to the world. [During the wedding tho, at one time, I remember in an interview long after she was wed to Prince Charles, she noted about her wedding pomp and circumstance that it was comical that during the procession, there was a commercial of some such menial product! --that showed spunk and humor --I like spunk, and I like humor]. I watched it along with the many millions of viewers and her family and friends. I was in awe of the concept of becoming a royal princess and her 'knight in shining armour'!!
Little did I know of the sinister treatment kept secret when she had said in the interview that there were three in the marriage and that wasn't good! Nor about her bouts of depression and maiming her ownself. Then, afterward, thinking about it, I really wasn't all that surprised; what with the history of the English noblemen, queens and kings and their actions and divorces and beheadings and burning at the stake. It's all part of their lives from the past. Still, two wrongs do not make a right. When the People's Princess died from the fatal auto accident in Paris France, the world saw a change in England's people. They were distraught of the whole scenario; shown now was the dislike between the Queen and her people! Almost to the point of rebellion. At least that is what I 'saw'. I watched the funeral....all the way through, into the early morning hours American time. I sobbed, and at times I was sickened by Prince William and Prince Harry and their life now without a mother and yet her two boys will perhaps reign over Diana's England, and secretly I hoped that the world for them will change for the better. It was a tearful occasion, and the world stood still for the few moments with her passing by as we watched the carriage take her to her resting place.
Ten years ago tomorrow, England and the world lost a wonderful stately but demure woman in her own right, we [they] said goodbye to their rose. The celebrities and the family and royals mourned together. In my humble opinion, with all that she did for hunger and helping people with all her charities and actions, she was a living saint. Yes, I hold her up that high in my judgment. She lived a difficult life; and yet shined brighter than anyone else at Windsor. Her heroic efforts and her brilliance [with her smile and her candor, her energy and enthusiasm for people's relief and benefit; and her being] will shine forever. The prince and princess's story-book wedding turned sour and sad and perhaps a murderous conspiracy, who knows. Diana, the People's Princess, will never be forgotten in my lifetime. To this day I hold her high on the scale of greatness, and yet such a tragic ending, without much happiness for her.


<><><>



[image header designed by me]

<><><>
Thirteen anagrams for "Hootin' Anni's blog." [typed in as HOOTINANNISBLOG]
From Brendan's

OBTAIN SLING OH NO
BANG HO LION IS NOT
A BONG HIT IN OLSON
A HOBO SING LINT NO
A BOOTH LONG IN SIN
ALONG BIT HIS NOON
SNAG LIB HOT ONION
GAS BOOTH LION INN
TAG LISBON HI NOON
HALO BOON GIN ISN'T
SHOAL BONGO IN TIN
LOATH BISON GIN NO
LASH BIG ONION TON

[note: There were over 8000 suggestions to chose from on his site]

24 comments :

  1. What a lovely tribute to the People's Princess... I agree with you wholeheartedly!
    Which of the anagrams do you like best?
    My TT lists 13 activities / sports I did or still do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tribute, and very nice anagram. I like to do anagrams,but that was when I have plenty of time.

    I have my T13 here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Anagram.
    And a very lovely and deserving tribute to the Princess.
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great TT, woderful Tribute to Princes Diana and what a great look for your blog.

    Ed
    http://edsthread.x10hosting.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good list of anagrams. I shudder to think what a list of anagrams from mine would look like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a lovely tribute...it's been 10 years! It's hard to believe it's been so long. It's still Wednesday here so my TT isn't up yet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved her so. She will never be forgotten. Excellent! Have a great TT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your header!!!!

    The tribute's lovely. I'll never forget the night I heard the news of the crash. It's as vivid a memory as the moment I heard Stevie Ray Vaughn had died, or 9-11. Diana was a great woman, in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was great work.
    My T13 is up too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes....its been too long of a day to try and sort that stuff out;)Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni. A lovely tribute to a beautiful woman,

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG you must have tortured your brain the whole night to come up with such anagrams lol !

    Re Diana, I was in London one week after the funerals and went to Kensington palace. I had seen the flowers on TV but the reality was stunning ! Unbelievable ! and so many people there who cried. In front of the Buckinham palace there were also a sea of flowers. When garbadge men came to take them away a riot almost broke out and they had to retreat ! I have never seen London so emotional everybody talked with everybody everywhere about Diana. Tomorrow I also will have something on my blog for her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Annie....you put into words what I couldn't./...Great post!
    I will never forget Diana.....they married on my birthday...but she was young, naive and used. I think Prince Charles was a real cad....and so is his new wife!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really think the Royals' treatment of the Princess of Wales turned me even more towards republicanism for Australia. We don't need dinosaurs, living on the other side of the world, as "head" (and I use the term advisedly) of our country.

    Be that as it may, that was a lovely tribute to an outstanding human being, with all her faults and foibles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. GAS BOOTH LION INN!!! ROFL! Tooooo funny! And a booth long in sin! I'm going to have to try this out! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adena (cre82learn)8/30/2007

    Great generator!! I thought I was good at anagrams but I typed in my blog name over there, "Friendship Alley" and it came up 83,949!! unbelievable!! btw, lovin' your blog's name!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You wrote a wonderful tribute to Princess Diana (and I am not English either!)

    Off to check out that anagrams' site
    Happy thirteening, love your header :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was fantastic! To this day I remember where I was when I heard Princess Diana had passed away. I can't believe it's been so long now. It was such a sad sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here are my results, but I got only 2:
    ANAGRAM RESULTS:
    Here are anagrams of "marsblog", with a minimum word length of 1:

    1. SLAM BORG
    2. MARS GLOB

    Nr. 1 reminds me of the Swedish tennis player Bjorn Borg *sigh, the teen idols!*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, thats weird, lol. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She was a lovely women. I remember when she died, it was really unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tribute, Mine's up at 13 Famous Dogs

    ReplyDelete

.