my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


[FUN MONDAY POST FOUND BELOW]

I've been tracking this Hurricane Dean for nearly a week....which seems like a month's time actually. Gosh, it's moving at a snail's pace for me!! I've been waiting to make my Texas coast prediction AFTER it blows over the Yucatan Peninsula and gets into the warmer waters of the Gulf of Mexico. THEN I will know more if it's going to go up in a more northerly direction to our city in Texas.

But, thankfully, the people at the Hurricane Center are pretty reliable, and 9 times out of 10 they're usually quite correct in their predictions. Each time I check the path of this hurricane it's dropping a bit further south than was once shown.

Honestly, I'm still leery. I'm still thinking strongly that it COULD turn up and hit our area at the category 5 by the time it gets to us. I still have things up off the floor, I still have things ready for evacuation, I still have things stock-piled for a hurricane if we choose to stay and 'stick it out' if there's a storm of only cat-1 or cat-2! But, I'm still praying that it WILL remain on the southerly path before landfall on the continental americas! But, again...right now, the anxieties and the unknown are lingering!! And the storm is moving TOO SLOW for me!! Get over us already!!! And then, leave us unharmed and at peace.

8 comments :

  1. No doubt if it comes in at cat5 we will be affected somewhat and they have been known to make a turn so we are loaded up with cat food, beer and batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each time I hear the word "Dean" I am thinking of you since I know that you live near Huston, at least I think so. I also hope with all my heart that it doesn't hit your place. It must be awful this incertainity. And I never lived an Hurrican, I only saw it on TV but I can imagine it must be terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of you every time I watch the weather about DEAN!! I just hope that it keeps to the SOUTH and misses you two!! BUT you do have to be ready just in case. I will keep checking back to see how things are going. it really is a slow moving one for sure. Makes your nerves not do good. I am scared of those silly things. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it stays out of your way! *crossing fingers.

    And no initials for the guy. They're JC by the way. I don't want people thinking I'm dating Jesus Christ. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah - I'm a Weather Channel junkie, too - I've been watching this damn thing move soooo sloooowly. And you're right, once it hits the Gulf, all bets are off - it could do ANYTHING. Better safe than sorry (spoken as a former resident of the Houston area).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you have things under control pretty good. It could turn your way so like you said it is better to be safe then sorry!!
    I think about you,too!! Every time they say Dean I think Anni!!!
    Grams!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oppps! I'm glad that we don't have that kind of weather over here....

    I hope it will stop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni, I've had you and some other blogging friends who live in Texas, on my mind ever since I learned that the hurricane was headed your way. I can just imagine how nerve wracking it must be, waiting for it to approach and seeing exactly where it will hit. Be safe my friend!! xox

    ReplyDelete

.