“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes







About | Theme: FUNKY | Roll

NOTE: TNChick has asked that we do a bit different for the 'blogroll' javascript, etc. She has placed a new Technorati Code on her Saturday Photo Hunt blog that we are to copy and paste each week!! I helped another with the BLOGROLL javascript a couple of weeks ago, and it works great in Firefox, but it doesn't work in Internet Explorer!![the blogroll doesn't show in IE] And to help TNChick in any way we can, it makes sense. Drop by and find the code and her explanation as to why it's best. For her, for all of us!!! CLICK HERE Think about it...it helps her have a LIFE outside of Photo Hunt. I can only imagine how much work and time and effort is involved!! She does a lot for us, and I think it's fitting that we help her in any way we can.

...and the results for the copied code will look like this:


Or for me, I'm going to add the img src [image] link with the Photo Hunt Button!




You've got to be kiddin'? Funky? I use the word funky for just about everything that irks me, makes me nauseated, even something foul as in language, mannerisms, etc. But, finding something funky at home is one that will take some thinking....

I looked it up, just 'cause [like I said above, I use the word much too frequently and loosely]. I know it's not meant to be used in some of my verbalizations.

Adj. 1.funky - offensively malodorous; "a putrid smell"
fetid, foetid, foul-smelling, smelly, stinking, noisome, foul, putrid malodorous, malodourous - unpleasant-smelling
2.funky - (of jazz) having the soulful feeling of early blues low-down jazz - a genre of popular music that originated in New Orleans around 1900 and developed through increasingly complex styles
3.funky - in a state of cowardly fright
cowardly, fearful - lacking courage; ignobly timid and faint-hearted; "cowardly dogs, ye will not aid me then"- P.B.Shelley
4.funky - emotional - of more than usual emotion; "his behavior was highly emotional"

So, y'all know me too well, right? I of course went for #1...the funky smells!! Something stinky, smelly, putrid......



Nothing more funky than hubby's socks on laundry day!!


42 comments :

  1. hahahaha...i agree! happy hunting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think I've smelled that funky smell around here once or twice! :)
    Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot agree with you more!! I almost posted my hubby's socks too! LOL

    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewwwwwwwwwwww! Now that is bad! I once dated a man, for about a month, until he took his shoes off one evening. That was the end of that relationship,..... ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ewwww *yucky*
    i never wear the same pair of socks more than twice without washing...

    mine’s up too… http://alvin-chew.blogspot.com/2007/08/photo-hunter-funky.html
    cheers
    AlvinC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only wear a pair one day at most...
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. am glad we can't smell them online! happy weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes very funky I'm sure. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be lying if I denied that my socks were funkier than George Clinton! Happy Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol- now that is too funny! Mines up too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They only need washing when you throw them at the wall and they stick to it....

    Cheers Mark

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder if anyone did this week's theme without consulting the dictionary.
    I never thought of this, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. THAT IS GREAT! My hubby's shoes were so funky when he played college baseball that his teammates made him leave them outside when the were on road trips. So funny (and funky)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Socks funky? nah probably tinky is more like it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. The mouth after eating red onions - even funkier than dirty socks. ;-) Photo Hunters Funky

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! Well... they would have been funkier if they were DIRTY! LOL! You and I chose TOTALLY different definitions! But you've seen my picture before.... *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can smell them from here. (Ha! ha!ha!)
    Mine's up too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Real funky. Just remembered I forgot to wash my socks. Ewwwweeee. Haha. Happy Weekend! http://crizlai.blogspot.com/2007/08/photo-hunters-funky.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. ewwwwww!
    Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. PHew! Nothing quite as pungent as FUNKY socks, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  21. At least it was funky socks and not funky undies!

    Have a funky weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. He, he, what a familiar pic :)
    happy hunting and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Anni. Now, that really hits the first definition of funky. :)

    Hope you're enjoying the weekend. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Peeyoo! That is very funky.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So that's where the smell was coming from! hehe Yup, socks can get pretty funky...bleck! Have a great weekend my friend! xox

    ReplyDelete
  26. Definitely funky. Great take!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now THAT is Funky... but perfectly posed for the photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  28. YOu so crack me up!! Good thing it's not smell-o-vision!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh yeah, that kind of funky smell is familiar too where I live. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOL! Those must be some stinky socks! Fun choice for funky. :)

    My funky photo.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yup--that's funky all right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. ewww.... I hate washing smelly socks!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great choice for Funky theme. I think that we can all relate to the funky socks. :)

    Stop by mine:http://thelifeandtimesofgran.blogspot.com/2007/08/photo-hunters-funky.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very appropriate for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fuuuunky! Great choice. How about hubby, does he agree...? *giggles*

    Maybe I have to get some smell killer before going further on my photo hunt round today...

    ReplyDelete
  36. You're so kind, I wish I could just thank you in person for your kindness. =) I love that you linked the tag to the button =)

    I was going to do funky shoes but well.. the project growth I posted was funkier and a bit nasty. I almost can't believe i posted it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  37. so funny! :o)

    happy photo hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I finally got my idea of FUNKY up!! It is not the smelly but just looking FUNKY...go see if you have not already..Sandys

    ReplyDelete
  39. oh my goodness....yr socks on the internet hahhahahah...bet it is funky alright :)

    jokes aside,abt the blogroll thingy etc..it is beyond me. perhaps i just leave a comment on her blog so ppl will know a post is up.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh funky has so many meanings, doesn't it? We use as in modern, trendy, etc.

    Malodorous socks are just totally gross...and putrid to boot (so to speak...lol!).

    Have a good week and keep away from the stinky socks!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I don't know about the smell sicne we don't sense that through computers but the two tone of the socks is funky to me. lol I did not participate this week but come visit mine next week.

    ReplyDelete

.