my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out






~Thirteen Things I like about Summer~

1) The crack of the bat, and I know it's a home run for the local team! Be it Pro baseball, or Minor League.

2) Ice cold watermelon with just a touch of salt!

3) Cool summer breezes that refresh me after a hot, sultry, southern day.

4) Summer blockbuster movies.

5) Lounging on the shaded patio with a decaf iced tea and a good thick novel.

6) Going to the beach in the early morning hours to just sit on my portable chair, and watch the sunrise. Hubby at my side with his coffee urn, and my orange juice in the ice cooler.

7) Wading in the warm, salty gulf waters near the shoreline.

8) The smell of a summer rain, touching the sizzling hot earth.

8) Being outdoors late at night or around 2 a.m. and just looking at the stars!! Meteor showers are awesome!!

9) The distant sounds of frogs after a storm.

10) The invention of OFF© repellent body spray.

11) Outdoor concerts.

12) Street fairs.

13) Barbecues. Steaks, baked beans, potato salad, tossed salad and grilled Texas-style garlic toast!!!

20 comments :

  1. Great Thursday Thirteen. I love watermelon and BBQ!

    My Thursday Thirteen will be up at mid-night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new layout!

    What a wonderful list.

    I enjoy those things, too.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list..We got the smell of rain today..I cant wait to be done working nightshift so I can enjoy more of the summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Except for the frogs (don't live near any), I love your list. I started at #1 and moved on through saying, "Yes, uh-huh, that too …"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! Watermelons I adore. They are so refreshing.
    My T13 is up too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great list- I love many things on here as well! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your list and pretty much all the same things I love about summer:-) Well, except watermelon! lol xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salt on watermelon? I have to try this! Thanks for introducing, Anni!

    I agree to every point, especially the BBQs, meteor showers and blockbuster!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salt on watermelon? Wow -- would never have thought to put the two together. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a great list! When it gets really hot it is nice to remember the fun things about summer!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make me dream ! This year with this lousy summer it's impossible to do all that !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love everyone of your 13! Never had Texas style garlic toast!
    I will have to try the salt on the watermelon...but I won't drink pickle juice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! I love summer, and #8 is definitely a favorite of mine.

    Happy TT :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh, I can't wait for the warm weather. Roll on summer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. #13 made me real hungry!lol

    happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great thoughts for today!! I wish we lived that close to the beach and also wish that my hubby loved to go to the beach. I think he thinks it is a waste of his time!! dog gone it!! I love to go!! He always acts like it is a CHORE!! Have a great day. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great memories of summer. I can taste the watermelon from here. I live in the mountains so do miss the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  18. MY comment SHOULD have been first this morning! I tried and tried ... but it wouldn't take it! I'm with ya on Numero Uno -- and it can EVEN be T-ball! That's okay by me! I'm also up for 8 and 11.... and walks along the gulf too - only mine would be along the bay!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

    Ed
    http://edsthread.co.nr

    ReplyDelete

.