“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Appetizer
What is your favorite fruit?

Wow, that one is kinda difficult for me to just say one 'cause I love most all fruits. Apple would be one...but it has to be a certain kind! Either Jonathon or Braeburn. [they're both crisp and very tart and juicy]. The fruit I DO like is FRESH, not canned, and the 'favorite' is that it's 'in season' at a certain time of year. Also, they hafta come from a certain area for some --like cantaloupe; from Rocky Ford Colorado and peaches; the Western Slope Colorado peaches are the most flavorful and juiciest. Bing cherries; Utah has the best, ummmmm blueberries from Michigan...THEN!!! ---not to leave this out, some would consider this vegetable, but it IS a fruit.......home grown tomatoes. Yummy. Give me a shaker of salt and a garden filled with tomatoes and I'd be satisfied all summer long.

I'm not picky!

Soup
Who is someone you consider as a great role model?

Ha. At my age, I don't think too many people are older than I am, and most often the role models are ones that have been through life and know just how to deal with life and people long before you experience the same; no matter what! And the "youngins" today aren't much of a role model to anyone for me!! I do like people who can take things into their own hands and make things work for the better...but, I can't name anyone close to me right now. Betty Ford, Princess Diana, Barbara Bush, and Lady Bird Johnson...all these women have made the world a better place--for many reasons.

Salad
If you were to spend one night anywhere within an hour of your home, where would you choose?

Well, in Texas, you have to drive a long way to get anywhere super-cool if I'm in the mood for something more "citified"! Afterall, it is the largest mainland state in the U. S.!! But still, that's easy...There is a favorite little fishing port on the coast just a few miles from here...it's very quaint and quite friendly. Not to mention the laid back, relaxing atmosphere. ROCKPORT Texas. I like the 'quiet' there compared to the bustle of the city I live in. [and I know the hustle and bustle of Corpus Christi is nothing---compared to Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston or San Antonio]




[click to enlarge ]--Left to Right:[TOP ROW] 1)A bronze statue near one of the fishing piers 2) part of the marina
[BOTTOM ROW] 3) Capano Bay Bridge crossing 4)sun glowing on the bayfront

Main Course
Name something you do too often.

Probably snack on food stuffs. I've been good lately, real good about what I snack on tho, so no weight is gained.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I really like ___________ because ____________.

I really like movies because I'm entertained.



20 comments :

  1. Happy Friday, Anni! Rockport sounds just lovely. I like small fishing villages, but the nearest to us is about three hours. I like tart apples as well... the best ones I've eaten came from Virginia last fall. We were there and bought some and... mmmmmmm.... yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni- Great feast! Your pictures are gorgeous! ( I loved your sand pictures in an earlier post as well). Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anni, do you usually do Friday Feast? I just dont remember you doing it...anyway it was a good feast today. Mine is up too. We are leaving for the weekend so had better get going...take care. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!! Great feast, again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice feast...I too tend to snack but I am really trying hard to cut down.

    Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs,
    Connie
    My feast is up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that picture of the bridge...it's beautiful. It's WAY more than any hour away from me here in Georgia, though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Roses are red... Nah, bridges make me have chills! LOL, tho it's pretty from a distance, when you're not on 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your appetizer left my mouth watering for more. LOL!

    Have a great weekend.

    Best -
    Braden

    ReplyDelete
  9. I very much agree with the three women you named ! They really were admirable.
    Fruits in season is quite difficult most of them are imported from other European countries. But this year cherries are so expensive that I haven't bought any ! Can you immagine 1 kg (2.2 lbs) for 7 € ! (1 € is a little more than 1 $)that's criminal ! Fortunately I could eat a lot for nothing when I was in Turkey !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your feast and the photos are beautiful. Rockport sounds such a nice place. The woman you mention really are good role models.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those pictures you posted of Rockport. Looks like a nice place to be!!


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  12. what great answers!! I loved your pics!! Happy Feasting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anni. Great feast! Snacks are a downfall for me, too. If I wasn't working out in the gym, I'd be even bigger than I am now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great feast! Movies are entertaining aren't they! Thanks for stopping by.

    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pictues are so relazing. Anywhere near the water is good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful soup!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a heartwarming soup!..
    Lovely coming here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great soup! I tend to snack too much, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your dessert because I also like movies. You are invited to my feast too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi! i love watching movies too! :) great feast! :)

    ReplyDelete

.