“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes









Appetizer
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest) how much do enjoy watching sports on television?
Okay, this is kind of a 'trick' question for me. There are sports I LOVE to watch, and for those it'd most definitely be a '10'! But the sports I don't watch would be a ZERO!! I love baseball and a particular team of American football [Denver Broncos]. I'll also watch a 'hometown' basketball [UofA, CSU,] and [Texas Longhorns football]. And olympic figure skating. But out of the sports listed, I watch baseball games the most!! Love baseball, I do. I will skip channels on the TV if golf, fishing, skiing, hockey, car racing, boxing, is aired!

Soup
If you could completely memorize any one work of fiction, which one would you pick?
It'd more than likely be poetry by Robert Frost. As I love his work. Stopping by the Woods.... is one I can recite quite well, but do forget lines at the moment. There is one particular line I quote oftentimes..."I have miles to go before I sleep, miles to go before I sleep".

Salad
What is your favorite breakfast food?
I'd love to say bacon, eggs and toast with orange juice. But I shouldn't have the fat and cholesterol. But, okay....ya, I'll say the above. Do I smell a pancake or two? With fresh maple syrup?

Main Course
Name something fun you can do for less than $10.00.
It certainly wouldn't be driving somewhere on a tank o' gas now would it? $10.00 of gas doesn't even fill the tank half full these days. Hmmmmmm, let me think. I'm senior, so I can get into a movie theater and buy a drink for $10. Miniature golf can be done for under $10. With a coupon, I can get a whole pepperoni pizza and 'pig out'. [oooooo, what sinful fun fantasy that is!]. Oh, and borrowing a dollar or two and combine it with the $10 above [that would be only a $6 expense for me and $6 for hubby if we split the cost, hehehehe], I can buy a beach sticker and go back as often as I want for the entire year!!! And for less than $10 - no money involved except for the gas expense it takes to drive to them around town...., I can go birding to the many reserves around the area.

Then, there is staying home! I can have a lot of fun playing board games, like Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble. Or the best 3 out of 5 chess 'matches' with my opponent. Cards too....hubby and I play Gin Rummy and 21 a lot! With company it's poker or pinochle.

Dessert
How long does it usually take you to fall asleep?
Oh lordy....after I read an hour or two at night [depending on how tired I am], if the book is a good one, I lay awake recapping what I've read so far. Then, there are nights I lay awake after the lights go off, making a mental list of things needing to be done....with company sometimes, I can't fall asleep quickly....it really depends. I'd say an average, probably, let me say...half an hour after the lights go out?!! Ya, that would be an average time frame for me.

<><><>

And speaking of feasts!! - 'Ho boy, am I in trouble now!! Years ago, I got hooked, and I mean addicted to jalapeno poppers! Ya, those! The deep fat fried jalapeno peppers that are stuffed with [cheddar, my favorite] cheese!! With a mouth-watering golden bread crumb crust!! Dear, dear me! This really spells out trouble.

When we moved here just a little over two years ago, there wasn't a Jack in the Box fast food to be seen. We either had to stop in San Antonio when we were up there, or just outside Houston in the burg, Rosenberg Texas on our way home from the 'big city'!!

And after about 6 months of craving them here in Corpus, and wishin' there was one close by....*sigh* Long about mid-summer the first year, I even contacted realtors and emailed the corporate company office, suggesting that we are indeed ready for the franchise to move into town. Well, I kinda figured that it was a 'no-go'! All my efforts were for naught. [I had it bad!]

Okay, so hubby and I walked to get the newspaper Thursday afternoon after the rains left us [yes, we're still gettin' rain, and the river is still flooded, but the flood stage level IS dropping]. Anyway, as we were walking back home, once we crossed the busy street and got back into our quiet little neighborhood, Bud opened the paper to the headlines and the by-lines on the sidebar for what's inside, local and sports, and business! And there was my little friend!! Two are being constructed as I type...and, lord forgive me, one is within a 15 minute walking distance from our house!!


My friend, Mr. Box©

Like I said, I'm in trouble. I once had myself convinced I don't need them. Especially when I'm not to consume OVER 2000mg of sodium per day....doctor's rules. And a batch of 7 poppers is 1600 mg of salt/sodium. That means when I DO eat them...I can't have any MORE salt for the day....and of course the 1600 mg of sodium per the serving size, is based on 2000 calorie intake. 2000 calories? Do you know just how many carrots that is? LOL

But, hubby is as pleased as I am. No, not because he craves them at all! It's because I will stop whining now.

<><><>
Tahoe and Winston 'talking....' "Did someone mention food?". Most times we shop for a whole week at a time, and restock the cupboard with canned foods and water...and [oops...beer for hubby]! As we came through the garage with sacks, I opened the cupboard doors and look what was in there when I turned around with my hands full of goodies! You don't suppose the two were tellin' me something...like they're out of Fancy Feast? S'pose? Kinda, sorta, maybe!?!!







24 comments :

  1. Great feast and funny post!

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLMBO!!!!! Annnnnnnni -- you are TOO much this morning! I really didn't have TIME for all this! I stopped in to quick read your feast! (which was yummy as well! - I'm not playin' today - just readin' a few!) But you and those poppers! Oh boy! I'm not sure I can KEEP you prayed up once those places open!!! I think this MIGHT be a case of "be careful what you ask for - you just might GET it!" .... I want your cardiologist's number... and I want it NOW! LOL!

    And your new little friend is really up to some shenanigans, isn't she?! Toooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feast-now I want some jalapeno poppers! The picture of your cats in the cupboard is adorable.
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got a chuckle at your two cats...mine do the same thing :)

    Great feast! Hope you have a nice Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feast!! With all this talk of breakfast food and poppers, I'm starving now. What poppers do like better, the ones filled with cheddar cheese or cream cheese? It varies for me depending on the day, but they are all good! I think I gained weight just talking about this. Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hhmm now my mouth waters when I read pancakes with marple syrop !! I ate it for the first time in 1971 when we visited my aunt in Madison/Wisc. and then all the years we went back from 1988 until she died in 1994. And when friends from Madison came to visit us here in Brussels, they brought me a big bottle of homemade Marple syrop and you know what happened, it didn't have the same taste here then on holidays ! That happens often you like something during holidays and when you eat it at home it's different even if it is exactly the same !
    I love your "Black & White" cats in the storage, lol ! and your Grandma Maryss looks like me in the mornings ! I also love scrabble !
    We just have a little thunderstorm and buckets of water are falling down !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie:

    I'm with you on Robert Frost. My all-time favorite? "The Road Less Traveled."

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great place you have here and great feast (I LOVE Trivial Pursuit...but I find it hard to get people to play with me.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grandma is a prankster...

    Love your feast. I think breakfast is my most favorite meal. How come it has to be filled with so many bad things???
    Gotta have fun once in a while.lol

    Take care,
    Connie
    My feast is up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Frost's poetry. Love your breakfast choices! And your main course has lots of great ideas.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yur poem that you chose happens to be my blog title and what my blog is named after :) Great choice, I love that one too. I loved the photos you took and included too. Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post. This is my first FF and it appears I have much to learn. I guess that's what it's all about. I love poppers too. Have a great FF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very well served.
    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how they are not only building one, but TWO of them, for your convenience, I'm sure :)
    Great feast, and your little gray haired friend creeped me out there LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! Great feast! I put miniature golf on mine too. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love Jalepeno Poppers in our house.

    Great feast! After reading it, I actually did make me some pancakes.

    BTW~ I like the DBacks old uniforms too! These new ones I think are really ugly.

    Have a fantastic Friday!
    And your new little friend is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great feast! I'm make the pancakes if you make the bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was so funny!! I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. GO Broncos! Great Feast!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too funny - I enjoyed your feast and you blog! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE your Salad, great taste :)
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It seems that you and I suffer the same sleep dilemma. I have a *very* active mind, and it's hard to settle myself down.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. Have a nice weekend.

    BTW: The photo of the spider web is extraordinary! I don't believe I have ever seen a spider web so beautiful. The world is an amazing place, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great Feast - Always nice to have you drop by at my place...
    I'd love to get into reading - but I don't know where to start..any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great feast. I love Robert Frost.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

.