my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




So, I'm cleaning out the kitchen pantry, and had a few bags of bread and hard rolls that were more than likely quite stale. Some might even call them a bit cultured. But, even tho I'm not up on being any more cultured right now, I thought it would be best to have dear hubby take the half loaves and couple of fuzzy rolls --- out to the grackles, and the coastal 'great-tailed' grackles. Tho a very boisterous bird, I do enjoy them a lot. They're calls and song are pretty and reminds me of the tropics. They are the 'bread eaters' in this neck of the woods.

If we were close enough to the beach, I would have sauntered outdoors myself to feed the other winged disposals ---the seagulls!!

Anyway, lo and behold, out of no where here they came! I have seen a few gulls flying really high in the sky around here, but close to ground level near our yard- not very often. I have no idea how they knew! And what a ruckus!! [I went out with the digital]. When I finished wiping out the shelves and satisfied that I left the 'new' and 'out with the old' ---I tried to sneak outdoors, undetected. But, they saw me---flitting and soaring just above the treetops, afraid to drop down in fear I would capture them.

So, in order to get some photos of the mass of birds in our yard ---I tried tempting them, whilst throwing the crumbs up in the air. Most times, they grabbed in mid air and was off without giving me the opportunity to lift the camera up to photograph them.

Here's what I got in my attempt to capture some action---





<><><>

A couple is out walking on the beach. A seagull flies by and drops a big one right on the lady's head. She says, "Oh my God, get some toilet paper!" Her husband says, "What for? That seagull is a mile away by now."

<><><>

A pirate was talking to a "land-lubber" in a bar. The land-lubber noticed that, like any self-respecting pirate, this guy had a peg leg, a hook in place of one of his hands and a patch over one eye. The land-lubber just had to find out how the pirate got in such bad shape. He asked the pirate,

"How did you loose your leg?" The pirate responded,

"I lost me leg in a battle off the coast of Jamaica!" His new acquaintance was still curious so he asked,

"What about your hand. Did you loose it at the same time?"

"No," answered the pirate. "I lost it to the sharks off the Florida Keys." Finally, the land-lubber asked,

"I notice you also have an eye patch. How did you loose your eye? The pirate answered,

"I was sleeping on a beach when a seagull flew over and crapped right in me eye." The land-lubber asked,

"How could a little seagull crap make you loose your eye?" The pirate snapped,

"It was the day after I got me hook!"


<><><>

A four-year-old boy and his father went to the beach. There was a dead seagull lying on the sand. The boy asked his father, "Dad, what happened to the birdie?"

His dad told him, "Son, the bird died and went to heaven."

Then the boy asked, "Did God throw him back down?"


<><><>
<><><>

America in history, April 22 1861, The Battle of San Antonio Texas took place; where local militia forced the surrender of the federal arsenal. San Antonio is named for a priest, Father Antonio Olivares. Today it's reported to be the 2nd largest city in Texas ....7th largest in the United States.




11 comments :

  1. Great pictures and I love the jokes!

    Thanks for dropping by my place and leaving such lovely comments. I'll be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you change your blog template so much, I can't keep up. What a talent you have.

    We used to take our old bread to the park to feed the ducks. :)

    Thanks for the jokes. he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what kind of seagulls you have there, on the pictures they look like seagulls. When I was at my friend's house at the English coast, they were dangerous ! They attacked people and we had to be very careful while eating. They would just dive on your plate and take everything they can get ! Everywhere there are warning signs for seagulls. So you must have a kind of angel seagulls, because the english once they would have taken your camera away and the bread too ! No time to make crumps.
    I liked the joke with the toilet paper, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anni,....I love your new background color.Blue is my color.I want to change my blog background.I don't know how to do that!!!!
    thanks for coming over today. baba

    ReplyDelete
  5. seagulls can be very big and scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of your template....very, very nice! I am computer illiterate and do't have a clue as to how to really customize my blog. Oh well.....

    Love the jokes too. And the bird stories. I live in a fairly rural area and see a lot of seagulls sitting in fields with the nearest body of water being quite a ways away.....I've decided to call them 'land gulls'!

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new LOOK!! BEAUTIFUL and bright...I love blue anyway!! You love birds too!!?? So do I. I get that from my dad...He loves birds and talks to them and they answer back...Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Birds wouldn't even eat what I would find in MY pantry!!!! I love the pictures and the stories.
    Your blog looks great. I love how you change it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. * *to CARMEN: I got your questions --will work on them tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. amberstar4/23/2007

    Probably not very pc, but the grackles up here are NOT charming at all and crap all over everything. They roost downtown and crap on your car if you have to leave it on the street. They also roost in the grocery store parking lot and same story there. I like the seagulls, though :)

    Like everyone else, I like the blue background, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, what a lovely change of your blog layout! Really magnificent! I just love birds :-)

    Thanks for the jokes and laugh!

    Something else:

    Why don’t we, the cruisers at least, but every one else is welcome too, mark each other as Technorati Favorites, to support each other?

    Read more about it here:

    Lifecruisers Technorati Favorite Exchange

    Bonus today at Racquel - link on my blog.

    Don't forget next port: Tuesday+Wednesday - A peaceful Savannah, US. Debbie is going to guide us :-)

    ReplyDelete

.