my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




I haven't done a Thursday Thirteen* in eons! I thought since I usually do something in the line of Thursday Thoughts, I'd once again try to come up with thirteen thoughts instead---

01) I think I'm an okay person. Nothing I do is outstanding in any field. I'm common.
02) I think Springtime is the best time of year! It's like the world comes to a rebirth.
03) I think Baseball is super. I watch most all the time on TV, the games that are televised for the week
04) I think the world outside is getting noisier and noisier. Traffic, boom box volume in cars, cell phones ringing no matter where you go. Construction equipment beeping constantly. Loud speakers in stores. Children being unruly in restaurants with no parental guidance. Air traffic. Things like that....the volume of life is at a much higher decibel range.
05) I think, from a personal view, that movie quality is going down hill, fast!
06) I think reality shows are over-saturating the radio/tv waves!
07) I think being "politically correct" is an oxymoron. By this I mean, just how can anyone be in politics and be 'correct'. LOLOL-[gigglin']
08) I think the news media is way too dramatic and most often far-fetched.
09) I think there should be palm trees planted near the sand dunes of our shores. Beauty and perhaps stop erosion.
10) I think purple African violets are the prettiest of the violet family.
11) I think every married man should help around the house, cleaning. Whether each of the spouses are working, or NOT.
12) I think all younger cashiers should be taught math!! Have you ever gone to the store and the computers are down ---and the young cashiers don't know the correct change by working it in their heads? They have a dazed look on their faces and are stymied when it comes to making change for that $5.19 purchase total and the patron pays with cash----$10.00!! That is unreal!
13) I think, no ---I fear, that the Gulf Coast will have another hellacious hurricane season in 2007.

*The header I am using was designed by me. If you wish to use it...please give me credit.

26 comments :

  1. I'm in a hurry as usual these days, just a short reminder about the big shopping day today thursday for the cruise ball.

    I've posted 1 rule about it on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, this is a great list. I'm with you on #'s 2, 4, and especially 7, 11, and 12. I can figure math in my head way before they can get it out of their drawer. I always figure it out before giving them my money so I'll know if they are correct or not.

    Check out my TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh, yes -- your #12, I've run into that, too. And yes, it's unreal. Sad commentary about pervasive lack of basic academic skills these days.
    Hear, hear on #8 and #11! And reality shows make me wanna hock a hairball (yeah, I'm a cat purr-son, too).

    Happy TT! Mine's a list of some of my favorite classic films.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the TT header. Very pretty!

    LOL when the cash registers are down I see many of them reaching for their calculators on the shelf to figure out the amount of change to give!

    Gee I better get working on my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that married men should help out at home too. Great TT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. The noise level in the world is terrible. I just want to go somewhere and sit in the peace and quiet. Even enjoying my porch, I hear the planes, the traffic, the neighbors radio. I just want to listen to nothingness...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy TT!! Glad you're doing one this week; I don't think we've met yet. (the Tour Manager and I are laughing at the catnip stuff, btw)

    I agree so totally about movies that I can't remember the last one I saw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you about the noise! Ugh.

    Selena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh... can agree with you on so many things! Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was a retail manager, and always made my staff count back change down to the penny--nobody gets shorted! It's a lost art these days...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree about the noise too. Ever walk into a small library or someplace just as quiet? Its like all the stress slips away....Nice TT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you are in springfeelings too ! Your blog has a lot of new outfits lately, lol ! But congratulations it really looks very nice ! (I thought I was on the wrong blog) But I have to excuse the poor cashiers, I am worse ! I don't have any piece of brain left for math ! Never had and I need a calculator to add 1 + 1 ! Mr. Gattino says that I am hopeless !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love number 11. Wish it applied in my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the TT header you created. Elegant. Noise and too many reality shows, I concur!

    Thanks for a great list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your header is gorgeous! I agree with you on several of these, and the change-thing is one of my pet peeves. And so easy to fix: $5.19, 20, 25, 50, 75, $6.00, 7, 8, 9, 10. Does that take more than a 3rd grade education? Or am I just old?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the header...very funny. Apparently catnip is the equivalent of marijuana for cats!

    I know my cats have always had personality changes on it...and become more psychotic than usual...lol.

    Good list and I agree with it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I disagree with you. I don't think you are common. You are UNCOMMON and in a good way. You're one of a kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni... I think you are OUTSTANDING ... in EVERY kind of way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome list. We seem to be on the same wavelength. And in my experience either kids are running around restaurants like maniacs or they are sitting watching tv at the table. I won't tolerate either from my girls.

    Thanks for your 13 thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. #13 scares me too! And as for #11, my husband is the cleaner and the cook!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally agree with the politically correct assessment!
    Pretty soon it will be wrong to say "have a nice day" because you might offend someone who is having a bad day, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great list! I once had to deal with a kid who wanted me to give him another quarter to equal a dollar...the problem was, I had already given him 4 quarters!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome back!
    I like the new look!
    Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
    My TT is posted.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Happy TT'ing!
    *^_^
    (=':'=)
    (")_ (")Š
    Raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Man, I hope #13 doesn't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good list, just please not #11. If he's willing to be the provider, he will never have to lift a finger to do a single chore!
    =)
    My TT13 is up at http://anyapples.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anni,...I agree with you about the noise level...That is way , I am hard of HEARING...I enjoy all of your cute things on your blog. Baba

    ReplyDelete

.