“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes








Appetizer
When you travel, which mode of transportation do you prefer?

These days? Car. Recently I've had to travel by plane, which used to be my mode of travel preference, 'til now! I'd still love to fly where I want to go, just because I love flying--------but, the things you have to go through to board a commercial jet is getting way too much of a hassle! For one, having to go barefooted through the airport terminal/security screens is just not healthy in my eyes/mind!! "What exactly are you walking on? Clean floors? I don't think so"!!! Ewwwwwwwwwww. Then, the fact no one can be at the boarding gate with you to say goodbye, or to greet you when you arrive stinks too!!! I have to go to baggage claim by myself!!?!! Nope, now-a-days, automobile is the only way to go.

Soup
Have you ever met a blogging friend in person?

Yes, I have. And believe me it's a joy to experience. I've met several online friends....each one is a treasure.

Salad
When was the last time you were really, really tired?

I can't say exactly when.....but it's been within the last couple of weeks.....I've been painting walls and redecorating....tired beyond comprehension---and don't forget sore muscles!!!

Main Course
If you could have dinner with any one fictional character from a book or movie, who would it be?


Well, at first, when I read 'fictional character' I immediately think "Fairy Tales"----

Ronald McDonald!!! Seriously, I wouldn't have the foggiest ---when I read, I read mostly non-fiction or novels based on real life characters. Even when I was a kid, the children's literature didn't appeal to me much....too 'unreal'. As I have aged, I enjoy fairy tales more than when I was young. OHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I could think of one particular dude. Mark. He was a young boy...he witnessed a suicide of a mobster....in John Grisham's the Client!! That boy was the most clever kid I've ever read about! Ya, he was cool. He knew where the body was hidden....and outwitted the FBI [Tommy Lee Jones], and got the help of a lawyer [Susan Sarandon] ---hired her for a "buck" [$1.00]. Eventually he's convinced to cooperate with the agency, and with the help of the clever lawyer, he and his mother and brother become protected witnesses -- and live happily ever after! Clever kid. A real page turner!!! [the book was way better than the movie, tho the movie was okay. But a more riveting read!!!] Oh, and another I just thought of while typing....Shrek's noble steed.....the talking donkey....ya, I'd love to meet a talking donkey!!!


Dessert
Fill in the blank: One day, I hope to see _______________.

That reads like I could make some beautiful poetry from this 'blank'.... Okay, here goes: "One day, I hope to see my son become a PhD!!!" [seriously, he's working on his degree] ---See? I'm a poet and don't even know it!!!

29 comments :

  1. Great Feast! Painting is a huge chore isn't it?

    Have a great Friday and a wonderul weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Great Feast! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your appetizer.I hate it that no one can say goodbye to you or greet you at the gate. That would be fun to meet Donkey:)Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! Great feast! Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed my visit here Anni and your Friday's Feast was fun to read. Thanks for visiting my homesite. Have a great Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD reasons for not liking to fly...it's a hassle and who knows what germs are embedded on those floors where everyone else walked upon! LOL...I like to DRIVE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you on flying; the process is so long and drawn out these days. And "The Client" is an excellent book! Great feast, and thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhhh cOMe ON! You lyin' little cheatin' varmint! Don't like fiction! MY EYE! You gonna tell ME that you would not like to sit down to dinner at Tara with Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler??? You gonna tell me that you would not like to DINE with Jack Sparrow??? Sorry dear... I'm not buyin' it! ROFL!!!

    And no... we were not yet bloggers when we met! (PJ might have been though... I'm not sure...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I don't REALLY mean you're lyin'! I'm just rantin'!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melli----no, you got that wrong....Scarlet, Rhett and Captain Sparrow are REAL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ROFLMBO!!! Ohhhhh WOMAN! You crack me up!!! I'm sorry... you're right... what WAS I thinkin'???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shrek's friend, Donkey?! ROFL! I never even considered animated movies! Well, now.. I might have to change my answer to the Genie from Alladin, voiced by Robin Williams. Although I might laugh to much to make wishes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah ! you paint walls ! Now I know who did the graffitis at the walls of your captiol (if there is any)

    Of course we celebrate easter ! Whole Europe, it's the same like Christmas ! Some people (I included, when our son was little) make Easter trees with twigs and a lot of bunnies,little yellow chicken, and colored eggs it's so nice and funny ! I also decorated my house. Pookie and Arthur steal the little chicken and ran around in the house with them !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think meeting Donkey would be fun, good choice. :)

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved your main course- I'm sooo full! :D

    Happy Easter too! Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never met an online friend before. It must be interesting and rewarding at the same time.

    Thank you for visiting my feast.

    Yes, we also celebrate Easter here and my son is looking forward to a fun Easter Egg Hunt.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed your feast!
    Easter Blessings~
    ♥ Annie
    My Life as Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yeah, why not Ronald McDonald. He seems a fun boy to be with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great feast! Donkey would be fun.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with your frustrations about air travel.

    I don't know if I could handle Donkey for an entire meal!! :) Would love to have Fiona over, though.

    Love your dessert poem! I wish your son well in his studies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woo Ronald Macdonald. And Shrek is really funny too. Great feast! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It would definitely be interesting to visit with a talking donkey...lol! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great feast! I just love meeting new bloggers. It really is fun!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Annie:-) I know, I've been terrible at visiting lately...my bloglines won't add your blog for some reason. I'm just waiting for my sons to arrive...then let the fun begin! hehe I so enjoyed your feast...I haven't met any blogging friends yet but I have met online friends and as you say, it's a joy:-) Happy Easter to you and yours! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Me again....I have been trying to add you to my bloglines for a month and it kept saying no such feed found. Now I've just tried again and it worked!!! I guess this IS the time for miracles! lol So, I'll now be a regular visitor:-) xox

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ronald McDonalds smile would drive me nuts if I had to look at it that long!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for stopping by and visiting me :) Happy Easter to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I absolutely loved your Feast and your blog is so charming. Have a great weekend. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful feast! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

.