“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






CANADA O' CANADA!




Today, we're off to Canada for our port o' call! Irish Church Lady is hostess and Captain Lifecruiser is at the helm. Me? After my excursion with the gold prospector in Alaska and fixin' Melli's toilet yesterday [read this], I'm ready for some strong stuff. How 'bout you? I thought I'd have the tarbender, I mean BARtender, to make a list of three special drinks for us, using CANADIAN WHISKY----


THE DRINKS ARE ON ME!! I'M BUYING ALL THE ROUNDS TODAY!
enjoy----

#1 THE TOP CANADIAN DRINK---
7 AND 7


1-2 oz Seagram's 7, canadian whisky
7up

Build on ice in a highball glass.
Fill with 7up. Shake the glass or stir briskly.


<><><>

CANADA


2 pt Canadian whiskey
1 pt Cointreau
A dash of Angostura Bitter

Stir and serve in a rocks glass with a
twig of mint at the top.


<><><>
MANHATTAN

MANHATTAN

2 parts Canadian whisky
1 part sweet vermouth (Martini Rosso)
a few drops of Angostura Bitter

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail glass


<><><>
...and now, a bar joke in honor of our cruisers!!


One evening, some animals were out partying in a bar. The bartender came over to their table at the end of the night to collect their bar tab.

The skunk says, "Don't look at me, I haven't got a scent."

The duck says, "Just put it on my bill."

The cow says, "You'll have to ask one of the udders."

The deer says, "I had a buck last week and I'm expecting a little doe soon."

The giraffe says, "Well, I guess the HIGH BALLS are on me."


*hiccup* *looking for balls now*

4 comments :

  1. Hey Anni

    What a great idea! I'm going to try one of each. Cheers!

    Hmmm...so good! Did you know we have some wine regions in Canada in the Niagara Falls area and in British Columbia? The only places that get warm enough to grow the grapes!!

    Done my Manhattan, now I'll have the 7&7 s'il vous plait. *smacks lips* ahhhhhh! That's refreshing!

    Tanks for visitin' with me in Owwwawa!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it (*hic*) an' you learned something about our fine slity!

    Dease dinks are going down good, Anni! Double cheers!! No triple cheers!! Pass my Cnada .... Canda .... CAN-NA-DA dink pleazzze tarbender, fine *hic* tarbender you are. ha ha ha ha ha

    Ah Annnni, you're soooooo sweeeeet to do all these blog toasts...er I mean blog boasts .... blog posts *hic* on our Clyber Cruz... I love you Anni....did you know that ? ... no I reaaaaaalllllly love you ....

    Hey, Anni .... were'd ya go? *hic* hey what's all this gum doin' 'neath dis table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL! Great idea Anni! *cheers* Here's to Ottowa! (i haven't peaked out of my cabin yet... guess I need to go do that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hic, c c c an't c o o mm ent tried them all lay under the table, hic (now eyes closed, sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hic, c c c an't c o o mm ent tried them all lay under the table, hic (now eyes closed, sigh)

    ReplyDelete

.