my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




SUNDAY'S SNIPPET (Part I)



Today, the Sunday Snippet is two parter ---one below is comic for Super Bowl Fans.

As always, today being Sunday, it's my day to share GOOD NEWS articles from our local newspaper. This is becoming one of my favorite blogging days because of the reason for publishing and sharing a 'feel good story'.

This one in particular did me in. I have a grandson of my own that has had open heart surgery to save his life...at 5 months of age, and when I read this one, and being a boy like my grandson, I was compelled to 'snip it' from the paper and add it to my Sunday's blog.

Recently, the Naval Air Station in our area(we have two within driving distance of our home), held a Pilot for the Day program. This one in particular was a Driscoll Children's Hospital patient who has undergone 3 open heart surgeries.

Altho, he had to stay 'grounded' Travis got a chance to sit in a T-45 jet, had the opportunity to clear flights for takeoff, toured the radar room, fire station and witnessed and experienced the flight simulator.

Accompanied by his grandparents and parents, they all agreed that "Travis could have spent all day there if he had a given chance."

Also--for better viewing, click to enlarge.

1 comment :

  1. Awwwwwwww! That IS a great story! Scotty would have LOVED to do something like that! He was made an honorary Fighter Pilot before he died! They gave him his wings and all! This is really cool Anni!

    Oh... I took the "Catholic Quiz" down below too! You got me by ONE point! I'm only 95% Catholic! LOL! But... the OTHER 5% is now Lutheran! ;)

    ReplyDelete

.