my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




This is my favorite of all time!
I really enjoy reading over and over poetry by
Robert Frost.

He's been an inspiration to my writing of poetry...
or should I say my attempt at rhyme.
And oftentimes I've heard myself recite this writing in my head as I live my life.

Those wonderous times I sit and contemplate what I've been dealt and what I have to look forward to being and accomplishing.

Today as I sit alone in the room watching the movement of patterns in the plants and bushes outdoors, as the winter cold front moves in quickly for a change of temperatures and perhaps cold enough for some white blanketing of rime and frost---
a cardinal flitted in and perched on the oaken rose box....


[click for larger view]

"Whose woods these are I think I know,
His house is in the village though.
He will not see me stopping here,
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer,
To stop without a farmhouse near,
Between the woods and frozen lake,
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake,
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep,
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
~*~Robert Frost
*~~*Stopping by the Woods at Night

6 comments :

  1. Hi Anni...thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment:-) I think Johnny makes a whole bunch of us drool! lol Of course I don't mind you adding me to your friend's list, I'm actually quite touched that you want to! lol

    You asked me to explain the game we play...hope it all makes sense! hehe

    Say you are 10 people...then buy about 8 gifts, usually bought at the dollar store! If you want to play more than one game, then buy enough gifts for more games. Wrap them up.

    You need 2 deck of cards. One from which you give 3 cards to each person and one from which you'll use to call out the cards.

    You start calling out one card at a time...if a person has the card you call, they get to choose a gift from the pile in the middle of the floor, unwraps it and shows everyone what it is. You continue this until all the gifts from the floor have been picked and opened. Then the fun really begins...as the cards continue to be called, they get to steal from each other, meaning they take whichever gift they want from someone. Once all the cards have been called out, everyone keeps whatever gift/s they ended up with.

    We have been playing this game on Christmas Eve for over 25 years and always look forward to it. At times it can be absolutely hilarious when someone is fighting for a certain gift! hehe

    If there's anything you don't understand, just let me know:-)

    Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved Robert Frost. and am jealous of the cardinals. We don't have them here on our side of the Rockies. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Yep! I've always loved Robert Frost too! And that is one of my favorites also! Golly, our great minds are thinking SO MUCH alike these days!!! Beautiful birdie! And wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this photo of the cardinal...and lol'd when I saw Melli also had a cardnial photo she was going to blog...Tonight, I am wishing I would SEE any bird! lol..We finally are getting our 1st winter storm and it's a doozy...sure am glad I am getting out of town at the end of the month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful!
    I don't remember reading that in school, so hey! I got wiser just reading a blog! *S*
    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni,

    This has always been one of my favorite poems. In fact I posted it on my poem site, too! I have it in a beautifully illustrated book!

    Amazing!

    Junie

    ReplyDelete

.