my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




SUNDAY'S SNIPPET



I'm always reading Yahoo for the latest in fashion, movies, news, and what not. So, for a chance to make a different 'swing' on the menu for Sunday's Snippet, this afternoon, I read a by-line about foods that make you sleepy.

Well, I admit, there are nights after I shut the reading light off, because I've become drowsy --only to find that once in the dark, I'm wide awake. I try to get myself bored by going through the alphabet of a particular subject. Like cities of the world or USA---only to realize I'm thinking too hard and not getting myself bored enough. I'm laying awake around 12:30PM trying to come up with a city that begins with X!! LOL

So, the list of the top 10 foods that help you relax and fall asleep are stated here. Along with a yummy sounding recipe for a low fat muffin that will just hit the spot for a night time snack along with a cold glass of milk. [I have ALWAYS drank skim/0% fat milk].

Lullaby Muffins
Makes 12 low-fat muffins
Between the bananas, the whole wheat, and the honeyed touch of sweetness, these muffins are practically an edible lullaby.
· 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 tablespoon baking powder
· 2 large, very ripe bananas
· 1/3 cup applesauce
· 1/4 cup honey
· 1/2 cup milk or soymilk

Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, combine the flour (make sure it's whole-wheat pastry flour or you'll produce golf balls, not muffins), salt, and baking powder. In a blender, puree the bananas; add the applesauce, honey, and milk. Blend well. Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups, pour in batter, and bake 30 minutes or until tops are lightly brown and slightly springy.

Nutrition Facts
Per serving: 119 calories; 1g fat; 2.5g protein; 27g carbohydrates; 10g sugars; 133mg sodium; 3g fiber; 35mg magnesium

[courtesy of Yahoo © 2007]

6 comments :

  1. Ha Hootin' Anni...That is so funny what you put on Sandy's blog about her new kitty's name..But remember her kitty has an "e" at the end of it, eh? You better tell Sandy to miss the "e" if you want that darling of a cat to be YOUR name sake..If she keeps the "e" then that kitty will have been named after ME...Teresa Ann"E"

    Maybe that kitty would like to do a little jig if it hears your music just like I feel like doing now at the risk of Bernie thinking I have finally gone ever the edge!!....Love Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. These muffins sound so good. I may make a batch the next time I'm baking!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, these do sound heavenly....and very light. I'm not sure hubby will be allowed to have bananas, you know they have alot of potassium, which is bad for the kidneys.

    Great-sounding recipe, though!

    Hugz to you, dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! No cooking for me. Trying to keep the kitchen clean for home showing. :) Not that I cook anyway. I'm just sayin' :) Any food, followed by an ambien, makes me sleep. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm... those sound yummy! I'll give 'em a try one of these days!

    Nope... The new blogger hardly changed my template AT ALL! I was thrilled! But I think a lot has to do with the fact that my template was just a modified version of one of THEIR original templates! And I've always stuck with the just the two columns... so that helps! I really don't think I'll have many problems with it! After all that worryin... I'm tickled pink!

    ReplyDelete

.