“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






SUNDAY SNIPPET



From a week ago today, I mentioned at the end of my last snippet I'd do a ditty on smart peckers! And you thought I was kidding? Well, think again.

Tho according to the article, "Spike" gets confused over the patterns and such....if anyone can witness this and not say this is one clever pecker---they're outta joint in thinking!!

Come on....Spike has my vote!
(Oh and why the name Spike? That seems almost a bit too masculine for a 'she bird', doesn't it? Maybe her owner better eat some crow!!!---Or at least nibble on that bird seed a bit---okay, okay I gotta say it---the owner of Spike is a bit of a bird brain. There, now I feel better. Got that off my chest!-------But you go Spike!!! You're one smart canary!!!)





No, I don't see any pink elephants! Do you?









4 comments :

  1. Goooood grief! I came in your front door THREE times this morning - the first time for a purpose - but forgot what I'd come for... the next time to read your post ... which I did - but forgot to comment! So, I'm back again! ROFL! Oh this ol' brain!

    That is one CUTE little pecker! And they ARE waaaaaay smart little creatures! I just wonder how SHE gets the needle back from the other side! ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun blog you have!!! I was just blog hopping and randomly clicked myself to here. Thanks for fun music and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you're from corpus! nice to see another texan :) thanks for visitin' my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! Just paying you a return visit -- thanks for the comment. Glad I found ya!

    ReplyDelete

.