my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds






Hubby and I finally got a chance to see another movie that is up for Academy Awards. And this movie was so well acted, with a written script and uncanny resemblance to the real queen Elizabeth II, that I was just dumbfounded.

Granted, the first 10 minutes or so into the movie, I leaned over and whispered in hubby's ear that the dialect I have just heard in the movie is more words spoken by the Queen [in real life] that I've heard my entire days on earth!!!

But, oh was I awestruck by the movie.

It entails the monarchy and Queen Elizabeth II's handling of Princess Diana's tragic death. How England grew to question the monarchy itself, and heresay threats of actually 'doing away' with royalty all together --meaning that England would become a Republic because of the lack of remorse, actions to acknowledge, Princess Diana.

It flows through the very first week, in England, after Diana was killed in a car accident. And how Queen Elizabeth II made a choice to save face and the monarchy by showing a bit of rehearsed compassion and perhaps a bit of guilt-ridden sorrow, publicly.

It all comes about, with Prince Philip's discouraging words, but Elizabeth II takes under her advisement from Prime Minister Blair's words....

Saving England once again.

Excellent Movie!!! One movie I will definitely buy to add to my collection of England's history.

[photos above 1) Miss Mirren, the star of the 20006/2007 movie and 2) The REAL Queen Elizabeth II with her husband - Prince Philip]

7 comments :

  1. cool were going to see it tonight and you just confirmed I made a good choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. That certainly sounds like a great movie and one I definitely plan on seeing but I will probably wait for it to come out on DVD:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by to say Hi.
    I am glad you enjoyed the movie.

    Speaking as a British citizen moved to Canada, my husband and I both would not cross the street to see any of the royal family, they have lost a lot of credibility since the last war and really only have one use and that is to draw tourists. Sorry if that shocks you but a lot of the British common folk don't think much of them.

    Apart from that I am really quite a nice person. Hi Hootin Annie
    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hootin Annie,
    I agree, I haven't seen the movie, but Helen Mirren does look so absolutely like the Queen. I see she's up for an Oscar too, Mirren that is, of course, not the Queen.

    Love your blog, I'm off to have a good look around.

    :-)
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hootin annie
    Thanks for the information on the movie, its one movie on my list I would really like to see.Im at least 1hr away from any theatre so might have to wait till the DVD comes out. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does sound like an awesome movie...I would love to see it. *s*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw the movie last night. Loved, loved, loved it. Helen Mirren was unbelievably right on.
    And,

    ReplyDelete

.