my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




...and the Oscar goes to:

Well, the nominations have been published. I confess, this year was a very lax year for the two of us in attending movies. The movies that really did interest us, were shown on a 'limited' basis, and hardly any of them were in our town! Dang!

But we did see "The Departed" that is up for Best Picture, but the one I really wanted to see never came to the theaters here....and, that's "The Queen".

Best Actor nominees are: Well, let me put it this way, again, only one movie with the actors' nomination was viewed by us, and that was Leonardo DiCaprio in "The Blood Diamond." When we left the theater I did mention to hubby that Mr. DiCaprio did an excellent job and that I wouldn't be surprised that he would be up for an Oscar. [I'm glad that Jack Nicholson wasn't nominated for his part in "The Departed"...honestly? I think his winnings have saturated our dignities to overflowing...really, get someone new to win!!]

For best actress? Here again, not many were in our theaters. Meryl Streep for "The Devil Wears Prada"...it's an oldie for this year...I think it's out on DVD by now. Then, again, Judy Dench --hasn't come to our city--"Notes on a Scandal" which I would love to see, and Helen Mirren in "The Queen".

A few nods from the Academy for Pirates of the Caribbean, Deadman's Chest, but not surprisingly since it wasn't as good as the first movie, only minimal nominations.

The complete nomination list is at Yahoo.

COMPOSE A FOOTNOTE: (comment)

Post a Comment

.